Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 7.01

Just updated - So, this fixes part of the issue I was having with Stand In switches... Now the tap function is recognized correctly.

I'm using four external momentary switches. I have them set to "Virtual Toggle" in settings. (polarity doesn't seem to matter)

1. The issue I'm having is that most functions require TWO taps to get one result. Specifically, when set to Layout Increment +1 for the tap. Every two taps results in the layout incrementing. The same is true for Utility > Amp Level and Save... requires two footswitch taps.

Is there some other setting I'm missing somewhere else? Or is this a bug? Interesting thing is that setting a footswtich to Utility > Reveal Hold works correctly (one tap per change). I am noticing that function has an option for "Mode" (Momentary/Toggle) Is this a matter of needing to have that "MODE" option available on other FC switch functions?... so that momentary footswitches can activate them as expected?

2. Also, maybe related to the above. When setting a momentary stand in switch to a HOLD function (Tuner for example), you can hold to get the tuner. But to exit back out of Tuner mode, you have to execute two long holds on the same momentary pedal to get back out.

EDIT: Actually just noticed another issue after setting the HOLD functions on stand-in switches... I set the four external momentary switches HOLD function to Utility>Tuner for testing, now all four switches are ignoring their TAP function completely... so there may be some other issue here as well.
Sounds like you have a latching footswitch where you're expecting a momentary one.

Sounds like you have a latching footswitch where you're expecting a momentary one.

The switches I'm using are all Momentary switches. Tested using my custom built switch box (using momentary SPST switches), and the BOSS FS-6 (in momentary mode)

EDIT: Figured it out... with the latest update, I just needed to change Ext Switch behavior back to "Follow Hardware"... I had changed it with previous version firmware to "virtual toggle", as that got the best results before.. but with the fix in this firmware, and Follow Hardware setting, everything is working perfect now with my four external momentary switches.

Last edited:
My fractalbot falls over just before completing backing up .....
Anyone else having this issue ?

It never did this before 7.01

My fractalbot falls over just before completing backing up .....
Anyone else having this issue ?

It never did this before 7.01
Corrupt preset or IR perhaps? Does it occur at the same point every time?

Anyone have examples of what this might be used for?

Thanks
Depending on how you have things routed, you might want to apply an effect to only one side (left or right) of the signal that's feeding it. Input Select lets you choose.

Anyone notice a sound change in 7.01? I came form 7.0 & had quite a few hours on it. I noticed right away with 7.01 it was, for lack of better words, glassier, sparklier, clearer, all the above. I know it's not mentioned in the release notes so maybe an easter egg or total placebo effect. Either way, it sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom