Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 7.00

Edit: just saw the above posts will try the refresh>axe edit restart and see what happens.

Anyone else missing all their user cabs after the update? All user cabs gone, but some factory cabs are in the user bank.

Cheers
Anthony
Mine were missing after the update. Re-loading them from a backup did not restore them, but the above tricks restored them.

For the record, they weren't missing. They just didn't show up in Axe-Edit.
Yes, true. A simple push of a button and you will see them again. no panicking, nothing is missing or gone. It's ok, breathe. Haha!

Reactions: Rex
Working amazingly for me, definitely more feeling for the compression of the power amp.

Every release gets better but also so do I. Meaning I learn more about the product and what I’m hearing.

One minor glitch in Axe Edit. The Plexi 100W jumped had a master volume in the authentic tab.

Could not get rid of it. Refreshes restarts nothing.

In the end I copied the scene to clipboard, changed amp type and pasted it back and that works.

Transformer Matching question for this update. I generally lower transformer mismatch below the 1.00 default. Most of my Boggie amps are at 0.536 but 5-6 other amps as well that are in the range of 0.250 to 0.536. So after updating to this firmware how do I get back to what I had dialed in? Is there a formula of sorts. Help appreciated.

Been holding off on this update till I could find the time to find an answer or the subject came up in the thread.

Last edited:
don't forget to turn the preamp high filter back up, it's set at 10k on an initialized preset...even with preamp set to 'none' the filter is still active.

Yes. Updates don't have to be installed sequentially.
don't forget to turn the preamp high filter back up, it's set at 10k on an initialized preset...even with preamp set to 'none' the filter is still active.
Can I ask what you’re referring at here? I’m about to reset my unit so hopefully fix a bug I’ve been having where I always lose the preset saved in slot #1.. so do I have to worry about this preamp setting you’re mentioning?

Thx!
Joce

yeah talking about preamp high filter in the cab block, i figured that would be a parameter left open by default...while auditioning IRs and such and realized it was down at 10k having just built the preset. I left off at FW 5.0x something or other last time i dug into FAS land, these amps sound amaaaaazing. Recto 1 is breaking up so softly now like i remember compared to Recto 2, cathode follower analysation has paid off big time. +THERE IS SO MUCH LOW END I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

yeah talking about preamp high filter in the cab block, i figured that would be a parameter left open by default...while auditioning IRs and such and realized it was down at 10k having just built the preset. I left off at FW 5.0x something or other last time i dug into FAS land, these amps sound amaaaaazing. Recto 1 is breaking up so softly now like i remember compared to Recto 2, cathode follower analysation has paid off big time. +THERE IS SO MUCH LOW END I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

I thought you were referring to the Amp block initially. 10K is the default for the Cab block.

WOW the the Xformer Match has really changed and for the better in this firmware. On USA JP IIC+ Red anyway, haven't yet gotten to other amps. Prior to 7.0.0 lowering it below 1.000 made the amp more brash/defined now it's the opposite direction. Been chewing my nails dreading this update for a week knowing I would have to readjust every amp I use because I have changed default settings on most. Overall feel is just more power roar rumble from the power amp section. Having to lower amp block master a couple db to compensate for levels I had before.

Thanks Cliff for the update and feedback.

Back
Top Bottom