Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 7.00

Silly question maybe .... ;)
If you don t touch the transformer value .. does this new firmware sounds different than the previous one ...???
Thankssss.....
Fafa

Loving the bugfixes and new tones!

Noticed that just in Cab1, it seems to have a lot of Low Cut settings bumped to 77Hz on as many as all 4 Channels. Also, some IRs that used to be pink are now green, including some of my user IRs. Enjoying "SWITCH UP" mode for Hold functions now. Much more precise, timing-wise, to be able to hold it down ahead of time and have the function act when lifting off of it! Also digging Reveal Hold's new status indication and having the Hold functions on Tap while Revealing them.... :)

My experience with FW 7 is a bit strange. Has anything changed in the power amp modelling if you don't touch the transformer? I've never tweaked it at all and haven't yet with 7 but most of my presets now sound like there is a second amp running at the same time. It's like my main amp is there but there is a clean amp running with it and it sounds terrible (Plexi's, 800, Atomica, Swart, JVM, Blues Junior as examples, all affected - Subway Blues and Deluxe Reverb for example are fine). Can someone answer clearly as to whether anything in the power amp modelling has changed or is it just the transformer stuff if you want to tweak it? I'll roll back to 6.04 and see how this one unfolds. Cheers all!

My experience with FW 7 is a bit strange. Has anything changed in the power amp modelling if you don't touch the transformer? I've never tweaked it at all and haven't yet with 7 but most of my presets now sound like there is a second amp running at the same time. It's like my main amp is there but there is a clean amp running with it and it sounds terrible (Plexi's, 800, Atomica, Swart, JVM, Blues Junior as examples, all affected - Subway Blues and Deluxe Reverb for example are fine). Can someone answer clearly as to whether anything in the power amp modelling has changed or is it just the transformer stuff if you want to tweak it? I'll roll back to 6.04 and see how this one unfolds. Cheers all!
If you don't use Transformer Match there should be little to no difference. Sounds like you've got the DI signal mixed in somehow. Check your audio interface settings.

I had a minor glitch after updating yesterday, reporting it just in case it wasn’t isolated to my rig..I had no USB audio signal to/from the III , until I detached the USB cable from both ends and reconnected (just dis/reconnecting from the MacBook side as I usually do in cases of wonkiness did not fix.) AxeEdit did work before the adjustment, however. All good now it seems.

FC: When "Reveal Holds" is active the hold function states will be displayed (with default ring colors only) and button presses will execute the hold functions.

Is there anyone who would care to explain this to me please? I thought that it made sense when I read it but now that I am trying it it doesn't seem to work as I though it would...

You can assign the Reveal Hold function to a switch. When pressed, the mini displays show the Hold label of each switch instead of the Tap function. Also, when tapping those switches, the Hold function is executed instead of the Tap function.

Is there anyone who would care to explain this to me please? I thought that it made sense when I read it but now that I am trying it it doesn't seem to work as I though it would...
Reveal used to just reveal the long press actions as long as you were holding down the switch assigned thevtegeal function. Now you can have reveal reveal the long press actions AND when you release the reveal switch it will keep displaying the long press actions. Short pressing on any of the buttons will execute the long press action when you use reveal hold.

You can assign the Reveal Hold function to a switch. When pressed, the mini displays show the Hold label of each switch instead of the Tap function. Also, when tapping those switches, the Hold function is executed instead of the Tap function.
Thanks that's exactly what I thought it meant but it's not working for me. I'll keep looking at it.

Reveal used to just reveal the long press actions as long as you were holding down the switch assigned thevtegeal function. Now you can have reveal reveal the long press actions AND when you release the reveal switch it will keep displaying the long press actions. Short pressing on any of the buttons will execute the long press action when you use reveal hold.
Also thanks. That's what I took it to mean...still experimenting...

OK so I am experimenting with Perform 1. I have assigned bank of 4 in Config.

Switches 2,3,4,5 are scenes 1,2,3,4 & I have assigned Toggle functions to those enabling selection of scenes 5,6,7,8.

Say that I have selected scene 1 with switch 2. Next I press & hold switch 3. It doesn't toggle and select scene 6 until the second press. Initially it selects scenes 2. Is this correct?

I think that this is the problem & that is causing Reveal Hold function to not work correctly.

OK disregard all previous... I had the toggle function set to select the Primary scene the same as the Tap function first. I have now swapped them around so that e.g.. Tap selects scene 1 & Hold selects scene 5 THEN 1 (I initially had hold set to 1 then 5). All good now.

I'll leave this here in case anyone needs help with it & is as stupid as me ....(very doubtful!).

Last edited:
@Fatjac Glad you got it working. Just a helpful word: you are saying "Toggle" but you mean "Hold". The footswitches have Tap and Hold functions, not Tap and Toggle functions.

This unfortunately isn't working for me on FW7. When I release the Reveal hold it goes back to original layout. I've tried the toggle and momentary and it doesn't change the behavior. Does it matter if it's on the tap or hold side of the switch. I have it on the hold side of the switch. I have execute mode set to timeout because Switch Up doesn't work well with the hold reveal switch either.

Back
Top Bottom