Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.04

Hello,

I have an issue with firmware 6.04 and/or FC firmware 1.09 :

It happen on all my per-preset override switches that use a layout link. The layout link is not working anymore, it stays on the same layout.

Can anyone try to setup a per-preset overide switch with a layout link and check if it works?

It used to work before I updated, I think from FW 5.something

Thank you

Hello,

I have an issue with firmware 6.04 and/or FC firmware 1.09 :

It happen on all my per-preset override switches that use a layout link. The layout link is not working anymore, it stays on the same layout.

Can anyone try to setup a per-preset overide switch with a layout link and check if it works?

It used to work before I updated, I think from FW 5.something

Thank you

I am running the same versions on both, and have set up per-preset Layout switches to use on per-preset overrides, and have just finished testing it successfully, but they were created on 6.04 and 1.09, so maybe that's the difference. Maybe the settings for yours got poked by the firmware upgrade?

I am running the same versions on both, and have set up per-preset Layout switches to use on per-preset overrides, and have just finished testing it successfully, but they were created on 6.04 and 1.09, so maybe that's the difference. Maybe the settings for yours got poked by the firmware upgrade?
Thanks for your answer, but I am not talking about per-preset layout switches on override (they work fine for me too) but about any type of per-preset switches on override with a layout link attached.
For exemple a per-preset scene switch with a layout link, or a per-preset CS switch with a layout link, that override an other function.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, but I am not talking about per-preset layout switches on override (they work fine for me too) but about any type of per-preset switches on override with a layout link attached.
For exemple a per-preset scene switch with a layout link, or a per-preset CS switch with a layout link, that override an other function.
Ah, ok, sorry.

I've encountered two bugs while running this firmware. Sorry if these have already been reported or are unrelated.

First is when using the Ten-Tap Delay block from Axe Edit, the delay time parameter and it's knob do not match up. The knob always appears as though it's turned all the way down even if you set the value high.

The other issue was I inadvertently created a feedback loop with the Feedback Send, Feedback Return and a Drive block. This overloaded my output (which happened to be SPDIF in case that matters) at which point the unit stopped producing any sound. The output showed as overloaded and even after I changed the blocks, switched patches, etc, the output just showed overloaded and the unit didn't output any (audible?) sound. I had to power the unit off and back on again in order to get sound again.

First is when using the Ten-Tap Delay block from Axe Edit, the delay time parameter and it's knob do not match up. The knob always appears as though it's turned all the way down even if you set the value high.
Are you sure it is not attached to a modifier?

The knob always appears as though it's turned all the way down even if you set the value high.

I can confirm this, though I believe it's an Axe-Edit issue.

The other issue was I inadvertently created a feedback loop with the Feedback Send, Feedback Return and a Drive block. This overloaded my output (which happened to be SPDIF in case that matters) at which point the unit stopped producing any sound. The output showed as overloaded and even after I changed the blocks, switched patches, etc, the output just showed overloaded and the unit didn't output any (audible?) sound. I had to power the unit off and back on again in order to get sound again.

I can't reproduce this issue. I've been creating presets using the Feedback Send/Return blocks in conjunction with Drive blocks without incident.

I've encountered another bug. The Enhancer doesn't work at all like it used to. I'm getting an almost phaser-like sound on my saved presets. Before it was just a normal stereo-ish sound.

Reactions: RDH
Anyone having tuner issues with this firmware? I have checked my calibration (440.0Hz) and my tuner offsets (OFF) but, my tuner is off by a bit more than a whole step up. I have verified this by checking with my other tuner and with 3 different guitars.

Anyone having tuner issues with this firmware? I have checked my calibration (440.0Hz) and my tuner offsets (OFF) but, my tuner is off by a bit more than a whole step up. I have verified this by checking with my other tuner and with 3 different guitars.

If "word clock" parameter is set to SPDIF/AES, check whether the other device is set to 48 kHz. What you described will happen when synced to a 44.1 kHz signal.

If "word clock" parameter is set to SPDIF/AES, check whether the other device is set to 48 kHz. What you described will happen when synced to a 44.1 kHz signal.
And that's exactly what it was. Did a driver update on my interface earlier tonight and it must've defaulted to 44.1kHz when it rebooted. Never has done that before but, oh well. Thanks for your quick reply and your help!

It's been almost a month, i would have thought for sure people would be loosing their minds with no firmware updates ;)

My mind has never been looser 😆
In all seriousness though, I have only thought about new amp and drive models, rather than fixes and such.

It's been almost a month, i would have thought for sure people would be loosing their minds with no firmware updates ;)

I think it been just a little over 2 weeks but yes surprising no one has posted
I just like think when there is longer time between updates and it gets quiet
FAS has something good cooking

Back
Top Bottom