Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.04

Hopefully, song and set-lists???

I see this a lot and i guess i dont fully understand

I figure a bank of 10 presets / songs
Could be grouped together
So if set 1 is bank 1
Set 2 bank 2 etc

What is the advantage ?
If your singer decides to change the order if songs you should still be able to scroll the bank

So if set 1 is bank 1
Set 2 bank 2 etc

What is the advantage ?
If your singer decides to change the order if songs you should still be able to scroll the bank

That method works if you never (or seldom) change your set lists, or if you don't mind re-ordering everything for each gig. The MFC-101 provided capability for 10 separate lists, each with 100 songs per list. Apples and oranges. To those of us who used the Set/Song List capability with the MFC-101, it's a very useful feature that's currently missing.

So if set 1 is bank 1
Set 2 bank 2 etc

What is the advantage ?

I'm in 3 bands (as of this writing - things change). There is some overlap between them song-wise (My country band likes to throw in an 80's tune on occasion, for example). Also, most shows are 4 hours, some are 2 hours. I rarely have a set with under 15 songs.

So, two issues: 1) Duplicating presets (songs) and 2) Ordering set / show lists. (Yes, I think I should be able to group sets into shows)

For obvious reasons I don't want to have multiple copies of the same preset. If I make a change, I have to update the copies as well. Tedious (and I'll forget to do it). Re-ordering presets (to create a show - call it 4 sets) is also a time consuming process (and a little frightening - there's a Fractal disclaimer when you click "Save", because you're moving presets from location to location). Quicker and safer to group and/or re-order what are effectively pointers to presets. On the AFX3 I could effectively have 512 unique presets - no duplicates - and be able to organize them anyway I need to accommodate each band and venue.

Yes, if someone calls an audible I'll have to scroll through the order - that's always going to be an issue no matter what. I'd still want the convenience of calling up a show and being able to advance to the next tune with a single tap.

Seem like a fairly simple task compared to external switch alternate overlays to layouts based on hold time, doesn't it? :)

jbw

What happens at 7.0

We have over 260 amps in, but there is no one Steel String Singer.
I know people mostly like the classics, but S.S.S. is a super classic.
Sure is not easy to find a real Dumble one, but there are some clones that sound amazing, like Bludotone Hi-Plains Drifter, Welagen SSS, Two Rock Silver Sterling Signature).

DO IT!

Attachments

• 42045_d5988a5f54af0a1151bd77f877f868a5.jpg
    42045_d5988a5f54af0a1151bd77f877f868a5.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 10
I'm in 3 bands (as of this writing - things change). There is some overlap between them song-wise (My country band likes to throw in an 80's tune on occasion, for example). Also, most shows are 4 hours, some are 2 hours. I rarely have a set with under 15 songs.

So, two issues: 1) Duplicating presets (songs) and 2) Ordering set / show lists. (Yes, I think I should be able to group sets into shows)

For obvious reasons I don't want to have multiple copies of the same preset. If I make a change, I have to update the copies as well. Tedious (and I'll forget to do it). Re-ordering presets (to create a show - call it 4 sets) is also a time consuming process (and a little frightening - there's a Fractal disclaimer when you click "Save", because you're moving presets from location to location). Quicker and safer to group and/or re-order what are effectively pointers to presets. On the AFX3 I could effectively have 512 unique presets - no duplicates - and be able to organize them anyway I need to accommodate each band and venue.

Yes, if someone calls an audible I'll have to scroll through the order - that's always going to be an issue no matter what. I'd still want the convenience of calling up a show and being able to advance to the next tune with a single tap.

Seem like a fairly simple task compared to external switch alternate overlays to layouts based on hold time, doesn't it? :)

jbw
Have you looked into using setlist maker on an iPad to change presets. That gives you all the organisation you need. It's also very easy to call up an unplanned preset.

Have you looked into using setlist maker on an iPad to change presets. That gives you all the organisation you need. It's also very easy to call up an unplanned preset.
That requires A) Being able to read the iPad (I don't wear my glasses when I perform), and B) Having to use my hands to change patches - plus the cost of another tablet (I use one for my in-ear mix). The random changes aren't the issue - it's the multiple set-lists and the desire not to re-order (or duplicate) patches. It's a feature of the MFC and it should be included - sooner than later - in the AFX3.

I totally understand the desire to have it in the pedal. I run our mixer (including my own in-ear mix) from an iPad, so I have it on stage anyway - Setlist maker just makes it so easy to change presets, and though my eyes are good, my memory is fading, so I don't mind having the little song notes in there as well :p

That requires A) Being able to read the iPad (I don't wear my glasses when I perform), and B) Having to use my hands to change patches - plus the cost of another tablet (I use one for my in-ear mix). The random changes aren't the issue - it's the multiple set-lists and the desire not to re-order (or duplicate) patches. It's a feature of the MFC and it should be included - sooner than later - in the AFX3.
Why use a second tablet, once your IEM mix is done you can open OnSong or SetList Maker. I use OnSong with one preset per song, at the end of a song I just flip to the next page/song, it sends the PC to the Axe, and you can read some notes, chords, words or anything useful for the performance, at the size that you want. Even without your glasses you can read it easily with the right font size.

It's a feature of the MFC and it should be included - sooner than later - in the AFX3.
I know they are working on it now per M@ previous comments. Just adding another example of how mine is set up -

Use BandHelper to Bluetooth connect to my FX III. Each song in BH has preset and scene, along with Tempo and lighting scene midi commands. Setlist is created in BH in whatever order for the gig.

I have a CS switch on my FC12 sending ‘next song’ command to BH, and when song is selected BH automatically sends preset and scene, tempo, and changes lights as well. I use same iPad for IEM and sometime FOH mixing. Hands free, and gives me freedom to not have to remember preset and songs.

If we call an audible during the set, I have all other songs in an ‘on deck’ list after our setlist, and I do have to use my finger to scroll then press that song as it’s not in order. Works well for me. And my whole band uses it so latest setlist is always synced with everyone.

Back
Top Bottom