Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.04

I used the CC Boost with the Matchless and my Strat live tonight. It sounded amazing!! It really pushes your guitar out front of the mix!
Will have to try it out.

Currently I have a Filter set for 12dB boost @ 777Hz with Q = 0.333, for a wide clean mid boost, which is nice, but always looking for better stuff....

I'm stunned by the CPU savings in this firmware. I went from 80% to 69% and was dropping the quality of my reverb to get my preset to 80%. I'm now able to set my reverbs to high quality and increase the echo density and my CPU is hovering around 72%. Sweet!!!!.

Anyone else getting similar CPU savings with this firmware update?

I'm also digging the CC Boost on both amps. Great job Cliff, truly a killer update.

I'm stunned by the CPU savings in this firmware. I went from 80% to 69% and was dropping the quality of my reverb to get my preset to 80%. I'm now able to set my reverbs to high quality and increase the echo density and my CPU is hovering around 72%. Sweet!!!!.

Anyone else getting similar CPU savings with this firmware update?

I'm also digging the CC Boost on both amps. Great job Cliff, truly a killer update.

View attachment 56638
Nice! Mine are usually pretty high, too, so looking forward to trying it out tonight.

I'm so bummed. I got nothing... Zilch... Nada... Bupkiss! Still hovering right around 79-80%.

My CPU consumption is the same afterwards as before. I even thought maybe I didn't get right FW, but the Axe Fx reports 6.04 :(

Of course it still sounds excellent, but I was hoping to make kitchen sink presets even more sink-y (or maybe more kitchen-y?)

I'm wondering what specific things benefited from the CPU reduction?

I'm so bummed. I got nothing... Zilch... Nada... Bupkiss! Still hovering right around 79-80%.

My CPU consumption is the same afterwards as before. I even thought maybe I didn't get right FW, but the Axe Fx reports 6.04 :(

Of course it still sounds excellent, but I was hoping to make kitchen sink presets even more sink-y (or maybe more kitchen-y?)

Yep, new firmware sounds fricken great, but no CPU savings here either.

I recently changed my live presets from straight line to multi lines using send and return blocks. My usage went from 65% to around 80%. I just checked all my live presets, after installing new firmware, and they now show back around 65 to 68%. It appears the new firmware lowered my CPU usage.

Apologies if this is user error, but I’m having weird behavior with the new firmware. Trying to enable the preamp boost with axe edit (latest version), it keeps toggling to the off position, wont turn on...anyone else seen this or know what could be happening?
Thanks!

Apologies if this is user error, but I’m having weird behavior with the new firmware. Trying to enable the preamp boost with axe edit (latest version), it keeps toggling to the off position, wont turn on...anyone else seen this or know what could be happening?
Thanks!
I think this happens if you have a controller attached to it. For example, Austin Buddy’s preamp boosts are tied to an FC switch. You’d have to sever that tie before being able to control the boost manually.

I think this happens if you have a controller attached to it. For example, Austin Buddy’s preamp boosts are tied to an FC switch. You’d have to sever that tie before being able to control the boost manually.
Ahh, thanks! It was using an austin buddy preset...must be it!

MLM switch combo isn't working properly for me after the update.

When the new "Hold Mode" function is set to TIMEOUT, I have to hold both MLM combo buttons for the designated timeout length for it to successfully switch to the MLM. If I let the buttons go before the hold length has passed, nothing happens. With "Hold Mode" set to SWITCH UP, I can't access the MLM at all. When I press the combo buttons the labels change to reveal the MLM functions, but when I release the buttons nothing happens, regardless of how long I hold them for.

I frequently use the MLM to quickly select different presets. Having to hold the combo down every time to access it is too cumbersome so I'll have to roll back. Sucks because now I have to deal with the tap tempo BPM bug again and I started using CC boost with some of my presets.

I can't reproduce this problem. MLM is working fine here, regardless of Hold Mode setting.

@MrMan I tried both on Timeout and SwitchUp on my setup and neither seem to create a problem getting to MLM. A quick press of the combo switches is all that it required on both settings. Perhaps something else going on?

I've already rolled back so I can't experiment right now.

I'm using an FC-6. For my main "kitchen sink" preset I use layout 1 which has switch 3 set to Tap Tempo/Tuner (hold) and switch 6 set to Delay bypass/Pitch bypass (hold). I do think I tried it with another layout that has no hold functions for switches 3 and 6 and the problem persisted. My MLM/layout 9 is set up so that switches 1-6 select a preset within a bank, with switches 3 and 6 having hold functions for Bank -1 and Bank +1 , respectively.

It definitely seems to be an issue with the new Hold Mode setting thing, I'm just not sure which part of my setup is causing the issue. I'm back on 6.03 and all is fine. I'll reinstall 6.04 tomorrow and see if I can isolate the problem.

Back
Top Bottom