Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.04

Just noticing this..... "Changed FC tuner note names to match main tuner (i.e. Eb instead of D#). "

Using a guitar tuned down 1/2 step Eb.
Tuner on AxeFXIII and FC12 both reflecting Eb but only on strings 1, 2, 5, 6. Not on 3, 4

6 shows Eb
5 shows Ab
4 shows C# (not Db)
3 shows F# (not Gb)

2 shows Bb
1 shows Eb

Can anyone else confirm? Thanks

I think I understand why. Would it be feasible to hold down a specific key (eg. Shift or Alt) in order to select multiple bands? If you select a band without holding that key, it would result in selecting only that band and deselecting any/all others.

I like this idea. It Keeps It Simple, Sherlock for those who want that, yet still scratches Complicated Katie's itch as well....

Just noticing this..... "Changed FC tuner note names to match main tuner (i.e. Eb instead of D#). "

Using a guitar tuned down 1/2 step Eb.
Tuner on AxeFXIII and FC12 both reflecting Eb but only on strings 1, 2, 5, 6. Not on 3, 4

6 shows Eb
5 shows Ab
4 shows C# (not Db)
3 shows F# (not Gb)

2 shows Bb
1 shows Eb

Can anyone else confirm? Thanks
The bug fix was to make the note that's displayed on the FC match the note that's displayed on the Axe-Fx. Which they do. :)

The bug fix was to make the note that's displayed on the FC match the note that's displayed on the Axe-Fx. Which they do. :)

Ok, just noting and mentioning as I was tuning up and happened to catch those two strings.....but, yes...the display does match the FC 😉

Reactions: Rex
I don't see the "Hold function execute mode"... Is it available in AxeEdit or only through the front panel interface? Where can I find it (Preferably in Axe-Edit)? Everything else looks awesome with some great fixes and enhancements in this Firmware release. Thanks @FractalAudio !

One thing to note, with the Hold function action set to "SWITCH UP", you can't use the "Hold Functions" function as a hold-triggered item under something else on tap. It would likely need to be on its own switch.

My layouts have it under the "GoToLayout" tap switch, so that in either mode, I can hold that same switch down to see what's hiding in the holds....

Not sure if it's a bug or just something to keep in mind for that function. I can foresee myself making a little two-switch box with one being "GoToLayout" and the other being "Hold Functions", though, and then having an extra FC button available for playing with stuff....

HTH!

One thing to note, with the Hold function action set to "SWITCH UP", you can't use the "Hold Functions" function as a hold-triggered item under something else on tap. It would likely need to be on its own switch.
I think this was a design choice. If it weren't that way, you'd have the display stuck showing the hold functions — and hiding the tap functions — until you held and released the button again.

I think this was a design choice. If it weren't that way, you'd have the display stuck showing the hold functions — and hiding the tap functions — until you held and released the button again.

Yeah, that would be a pain. Just wanted to post the observation, in case anyone else had "Hold Functions" on hold....

When I got the Axe FX III, I was blown away, the fact that these updates come so quickly and that there are constant tweaks to this wonderful system just makes the whole thing that much better. Thanks Cliff for keeping us all happy campers.

Back
Top Bottom