Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.04

Well clearly it’s an homage to one of the finest tone connoisseurs ever -

CC Deville.

I kid I kid !
HAHA! CC Deville played my guitar in a bar one night in Houston. The Backstage, Todd Bishop you are familiar with that place I know! Anyway, he got up and stunk it up pretty good. He said let's do Rock n roll by Zeppelin and I'll sing it and he never sang! He just played away with no vocals.

Haha thanks for a
HAHA! CC Deville played my guitar in a bar one night in Houston. The Backstage, Todd Bishop you are familiar with that place I know! Anyway, he got up and stunk it up pretty good. He said let's do Rock n roll by Zeppelin and I'll sing it and he never sang! He just played away with no vocals.
😂 thanks for the great CCD story.

If I had to seriously guess the new boost I'd say one "C" of the two probably stands for some mythological 4-horse-legged-man creature, the associated real world pedal of which goes for thousands of dollars these days.

Love the parametric eq solo feature!
Thanks
Pauly

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/6p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_6p04.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Reduced background task priority on high CPU presets to improve client (i.e. Axe-Edit) performance.

Added “CC Boost” type to Amp block.

Improved CPU usage.

Optimized LCD graphics for better response.

Changed FC tuner note names to match main tuner (i.e. Eb instead of D#).

Added Solo feature to Parametric EQ block. When a band is soloed the frequency range for that band is isolated allowing the user to fine-tune the band.

Fixed output level of PI Fuzz model too low.

Fixed Modifier auto-engage not working when Auto-Engage is set to SLOW POSITION and the Update Rate is set to FAST.

Fixed Supremo Trem model missing Tone control in Authentic mode. Note: the Tone control is mapped to High Cut in Ideal mode.

Fixed FC and Axe-Edit not displaying tempo correctly if preset using global tempo.

FC: Fixed Layout Link not executing if no function is assigned to the switch.

FC: Added Mode parameter to Utility/Reveal Hold for Momentary/Toggle.

FC: Added Hold Function Execute Mode: TIMEOUT or SWITCH UP. "TIMEOUT" is same as the previous behavior. When set to "SWITCH UP", the hold function executes when you release the held footswitch, allowing precise musical timing.

FC: Fixed Per-Preset/Placeholder #24 not working.

CC boost is based on...

... nothing.

I took a PEQ one day and was using at a boost. At one point I got something that sounded really good to me so I made it into a boost.
Is there anything about it that would introduce more clipping than another in-amp boost at the same level (12dB)?

I was playing with a clean Dumble preset, and when I activated the CC boost, it clipped a lot more than when I switched over to the TS808. It sounded really good, but I was surprised (pleasantly) at the different amount of clipping.

CC boost is based on...

... nothing.

I took a PEQ one day and was using at a boost. At one point I got something that sounded really good to me so I made it into a boost.

It that the vintage or modern version of nothing? I'm having a hard time finding any info about it. What's the flux capacitor value that was used? Reverb also shows 0 listings...

Back
Top Bottom