Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.04

I think it been just a little over 2 weeks but yes surprising no one has posted
I just like think when there is longer time between updates and it gets quiet
FAS has something good cooking
Hopefully what FAS has cooking is a nice fishhhh (gollum) caught on one of his relaxing summer vacation boat outings....

I don't know if this is a bug or not, or if it is related to current Firmware.. but since last update I simply cannot save any preset in slot #1 (or 000) on the Axe? Whatever fashion I use to save (Import Preset or Preset Manage), the slot has reseted to EMPTY when I restart the Axe.. very annoying!

It is only the 1st slot that behaves like this.. am I missing something here?

Thx in advance for any insights!

Cheers!
Jose

I don't know if this is a bug or not, or if it is related to current Firmware.. but since last update I simply cannot save any preset in slot #1 (or 000) on the Axe? Whatever fashion I use to save (Import Preset or Preset Manage), the slot has reseted to EMPTY when I restart the Axe.. very annoying!

Cheers!
Jose

this used to happen to me, but then I cleared all the presets, reset everything and reloaded presets from scratch -- hasn't happened again since

Cheers!
Jose
Everything's working fine on mine. Loaded 6.04 on Tuesday. Deleted and loaded a couple of different presets in slot 000 since then and haven't experienced any issues. Selected preset 000 on the Axe-Fx III itself without any problems either.

this used to happen to me, but then I cleared all the presets, reset everything and reloaded presets from scratch -- hasn't happened again since

Ok, thx, I'll try that tomorrow. Can you do a backup and restore from that though? I just barely finished organizing everything! :-{

Ok, thx, I'll try that tomorrow. Can you do a backup and restore from that though? I just barely finished organizing everything! :-{

honesty, I couldn't figure out what caused it; reloading backups may or may not cause it to continue. I just started from scratch and started to reset my system settings after all major firmware updates. It's probably unnecessary and might be placebo effect, but it has solved quirks I used to get from time. This was an issue I was getting since the 1.x firmwares, forget when it finally resolved itself.

Hey, when you say that you reloaded the presets from scratch, do you mean one by one? Or the 4 saved banks?

I'm using almost 500 preset slots.

Again, what i did might be totally unnecessary, but I cleared all my presets, cabs, system settings, and even fc settings through the front panel utility and turned it off for over 5 seconds, turned it on, reset all the system/fc settings again with everything totally empty, and power cycled one more time after. Think I redownloaded the factory presets and loaded with the freshly download file and it stopped after that. Haven’t had the issue since.

Now I have Austin buddy’s pack replacing the factory presets; when I had them while I was having the issue, patch 000 would disappear too, but now everything is a-ok. With so many changes, it’s hard to say what actually solved the issue.

I don't like talking on forums, but I'll chime in Joce. I got mine at fw5.08. It would reset 000 to EMPTY anytime I organized a lot of cabs in axeiii-edit. After fw6.04 update, 000 started resetting at any random time. I eventually said f*** it and left 000 EMPTY. 2 days later, the preset was back. It hasn't reset since. I've been in email exchange with Ian off and on. They know about the issue. I don't know if anyone can figure out what's causing it. Try leaving 000 empty for a few days. Or try the system reset like Effulgent recommends.

Thx Hank. It’s somewhate reassuring to hear I’m not the only one with this issue.. I’m like you.. with most preset slots filled.. so not too keen on resetting and starting over!

Hopefully Fr@ctal figures it out at some point.

Cheers,
Joce

CC boost is based on...

... nothing.

I took a PEQ one day and was using at a boost. At one point I got something that sounded really good to me so I made it into a boost.
Ok so I'm a little late to the party since I don't have an AXE3 so this new boost is not on my AX8 but it does sound really good for sure! Can you share the settings o the PEQ that you used so we can recreate that? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom