Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.02, Axe-Edit 1.01.09 and FC Firmware 1.08

This is the preset, before a couple of update it sounded fine, now it is not doing the auto wah thing, everything else works good, see the -filter cab-
If you can get the preset with the filter block to open in axe edit, delete the filter block, put a shunt or anything else in it, save it, reboot and all will work just fine. You’ll be able to scroll thru the presets normally. That was exactly my issue and ultimately my fix thanks to Chris.

ok i'll try that and report back, BTW, can this filter block be improved in the next FW?, I will be needing that for sure....

That’s exactly what I was asking. It can’t get to 5 because it freezes. So I’m pretty sure it’s the filter block with a modifier on it causing the few issues.

I'm having the same issue: Pitch modifier attached to the frequency control in the filter block. Locks up the AXE when I load that preset. Getting rid of the modifier (in 6.01), and upgrading to 6.02 works.

I'm having the same issue: Pitch modifier attached to the frequency control in the filter block. Locks up the AXE when I load that preset. Getting rid of the modifier (in 6.01), and upgrading to 6.02 works.

Correction: I added the pitch modifier back from within 6.02 and the AXE locked up again.

It looks like you (Chris/Fractal/jcfiallos) already have a test case, but I'll attach my preset as well. Thanks to whomever is looking into this.

Attachments

• p476_Red October_6p01.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
how do I do that? :D

Ok, from memory, as I am not directly in front of the unit at the moment:

Once you have removed and replaced the block and it is working again, right-click (or option-click on Mac) it and choose 'Library' and then 'Save' in the little submenu. A dialog should pop up where it asks you to name it. Descriptive names help you find them later. :)

HTH!

I erased the filter cab, and the same problem, unit froze on 7, ribbon not scrolling axe edit not working neither fractal bot, made emergency boot back to 6.01 which works fine

I erased the filter cab, and the same problem, unit froze on 7, ribbon not scrolling axe edit not working neither fractal bot, made emergency boot back to 6.01 which works fine
What is a filter cab?

If you mean you deleted the filter block, did you save?

A small detail: when adding AMP Output EQ Off/On to the Perform tab it is labelled as "AMP1 Off/On". That is misleading. Perhaps the label should be renamed as "AMP1 EQ Off/On"

2019-06-30-15-51-37-Axe-Edit-III.png

A small detail: when adding AMP Output EQ Off/On to the Perform tab it is labelled as "AMP1 Off/On". That is misleading. Perhaps the label should be renamed as "AMP1 EQ Off/On"

You can rename it. Many functions don’t have the best “short names” by default.

That control is indeed called “Off/On” on that page.

Double click it and change the text to
Amp1 EQ on/off ....or kabob

You can change names on anything
I have a saturation switch called “Jose”. Cut. Switch is “Tight, Sag is Feel on my marshall patch for instance

To add to the filter block issues....

I have a Michael Jackson "Off the wall" preset I created. It incorporates a filter block with an envelope follower CC on the frequency parameter. On scene 1 the filter block is bypassed. On scene 2 it is on.

After the fw6.02 update....the preset takes forever to load. However, the filter works with the envelope follower. But switching between scene 1 and scene 2 results in loud clicking noise.

Deleting the block and saving the preset results in normal preset load (fast).

I'm still on 5.0.8 and wondering about this filter block issue before updating. I have a filter in most presets for volume boost. The modifier being an expression pedal. So is it the block or the modifier thats causing problems. Like if I were to delete the filter in all presets, upgrade and add them back is there still an issue?

Back
Top Bottom