Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.02, Axe-Edit 1.01.09 and FC Firmware 1.08

Yep sure was. For shits n giggles, I just finished trying to install 6.02 from scratch, same results! A little frustrating for sure, but I'm not too concerned over the performer screen anyway. Taking it back down to 5.08 as I type.
Do you guys have a Filter block in your preset that wouldn't work (try to remember)?

If so, did it have a Modifier on any parameters, like an LFO on the Frequency so it sweeped like a wah?

Updated both, worked fine...for a short while...like 15 minutes worth of playing. Made a change to one of my patches, the thing froze up on me.
What change were you making when your Axe froze up?

Do you guys have a Filter block in your preset that wouldn't work (try to remember)?

If so, did it have a Modifier on any parameters, like an LFO on the Frequency so it sweeped like a wah?
MacOS and/or Win10...made no difference. Did the same thing with or without AxeEdit. I've narrowed it down to when I change from one preset to another, and if I'm not mistaken those particular presets do have a filter block or a wah, it would taken roughly 20-45 seconds for the preset to load, or it would just freeze up until I rebooted it. This behavior does not exist on firmware 5.08

I have the same problem. But even after waiting a couple of minutes my FC6 was still stuck in Failsafe mode. Tried to reinstall FC 1.06. But still the FC is stuck in Failsafe mode.
Any tips?

Try the load of the FC update once more, and when it finishes and ask you to reboot the FC, just disconnect the XLR cable at the FC (or at the AxeFX3, if that is easier for some reason). Give it a minute and then plug the XLR back in. Hope this might work for you. Cheers. Lee

Holy shit batman, you solved it! I removed the filter blocks from my presets that had it, loaded in 6.02, and it works like a charm!! Thank you!!! Now I am afraid to put those blocks back in there. Any idea why the filter block is causing this issue?
***Just confirmed this with a few more presets with filter block in the chain. Took about 22 seconds to load up. When it finally did I deleted the filter block, saved the preset, and now it changes just fine through that preset.

Last edited:
Holy shit batman, you solved it! I removed the filter blocks from my presets that had it, loaded in 6.02, and it works like a charm!! Thank you!!! Now I am afraid to put those blocks back in there. Any idea why the filter block is causing this issue?
The filter block was updated to include its own LFO.

Do you know if you had any modifiers in those Filter blocks at all? Do you have a copy of the preset before you took them out? Upload if can.

There it is....pulled it from a back up. As is it takes a while to load and messes up. Remove the filter block (it does have a modifier) and it works fine.

Attachments

• Dead or Alive.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Try the load of the FC update once more, and when it finishes and ask you to reboot the FC, just disconnect the XLR cable at the FC (or at the AxeFX3, if that is easier for some reason). Give it a minute and then plug the XLR back in. Hope this might work for you. Cheers. Lee
Thanks for the tip, but I did already do the following: downgrade to FW 6.01, then install the FC to 1.06. At that point everything was working again.
After that I upgraded the FC to 1.08, then the AXE3 to 6.02.
Pfff, still have the feeling that something in the communication between the AXE3 and the FC is different in 6.02.....

Thanks for the tip, but I did already do the following: downgrade to FW 6.01, then install the FC to 1.06. At that point everything was working again.
After that I upgraded the FC to 1.08, then the AXE3 to 6.02.
Pfff, still have the feeling that something in the communication between the AXE3 and the FC is different in 6.02.....
Did you read the release notes? There are changes in both the Axe Fx and FC firmware for communication issues...

Hi Chris, no I dont think its a filter issue, its like, you are in preset 1 and axe edit does not obey any preset change orders, afterwards, on 6.02 fractal bot wont work either, it says communication time out, if you scroll with the unit using the ribbon scroll it wont work either......, if you go back to 6.0 everything works fine. but to 6.02 it has some bodies (here on Mac OS).

Hi Chris, no I dont think its a filter issue, its like, you are in preset 1 and axe edit does not obey any preset change orders, afterwards, on 6.02 fractal bot wont work either, it says communication time out, if you scroll with the unit using the ribbon scroll it wont work either......, if you go back to 6.0 everything works fine. but to 6.02 it has some bodies (here on Mac OS).
You’re positive no filter blocks?

yes one preset has the filter block, for example it is on preset 5, with filter, so it won't scroll past 4, it maybe that filter thing the issue its an auto wah on filter

I also noticed the filter block sound completely changed on the last couple of updates..... I have to changed it to work as it was before soundwise/sounds different

yes one preset has the filter block, for example it is on preset 5, with filter, so it won't scroll past 4, it maybe that filter thing the issue its an auto wah on filter
That’s exactly what I was asking. It can’t get to 5 because it freezes. So I’m pretty sure it’s the filter block with a modifier on it causing the few issues.

This is the preset, before a couple of update it sounded fine, now it is not doing the auto wah thing, everything else works good, see the -filter cab-

Attachments

• Van Ruller.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom