Delay Time

Preamp type in the Cab block

Its very cool

Thanks Cliff

Hi,
You just keep on giving! Thank you
Pauly

Axe-Fx III Firmware:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/6p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_6p02.zip

Axe-Edit:
Windows:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p01p09.exe
Mac:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p01p09.dmg

FC Firmware:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fc/1.0/fc_rel_1p08.zip

Note: The Axe-Fx III and FC firmware are backwards compatible. You don't need to update the FC firmware to use Axe-Fx III firmware 6.02 and vice-versa. To get the benefits of the improved communications over long cables both the Axe-Fx III and FC need to be updated.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added LFO to Filter block. When enabled, the LFO will modulate the frequency of the filter between the Frequency and the Mod. Frequency. The local LFO simplifies modulated filtering and frees up the global LFOs for other tasks.

Added adjustable filter to Plex block wet signal. Filter can be any of the standard types (all types except comb filter types). Frequency, Q and Gain are modifiable.

Added Shimmer Verb type to Plex block.

The Mode parameter in the IR Player block has been replaced by a Length parameter.

Changed Home page behavior so that menu stays on selected tab when returning. Pressing HOME while on the Home page resets to first tab.

FC: Improved communication reliability when using very long cables (requires FC firmware version 1.08).

FC: Fix preset tempo being used when global is selected .

FC: Add Layout Inc/Dec function.

Wow ,Fractal never ceases to amaze me (us) Thanks Cliff and all the brains at work to critique and improve the BEST equipment .
and a special shout out to Chris for taking the time to share with video .

Great, no issues on win7.
I love the new ae perform page
The coming add of the new dec/inc layout function in ae will be great.
thanks to all the FAS team

ok reporting back, I made again the emergency recovery boot and installed FW 6.02 again, and had the same communication issues, it would not connect to axe edit even when it had the latest FW, and did not scroll past position of preset 4. fractal bot did not perform well either. I made a second emergency recovery boot again, and this time I installed FW 6.01 which is in fact working FINE (6.01 that is), so hopefully they fix that with the final release of 6.02 or whatever successor that will be. I don't understand yet why in some units they have that kind of issues, and in another units like they report it works 100% fine.....

I too had an issue after I'd loaded FM 6.02, when I tried updating the FC to 1.08. It seemed all went well in the first attempt, but I rebooted the AX3, and when the FC came back on it too was still stuck in Failsafe mode. I went through the upload process for the FC once again, and again rebooted the AX3. This time I left it off a couple minutes. When the FC powered up, the new 1.08 was displayed and is working nicely. Just for edification sake.

And just in case someone is as dense as me ;) when you are in the new Axe-Edit, if you have clicked on an unpopulated cell on the grid, and then click the Perform button in Axe-Edit, you'll see the cool Performance cells where you can drag your selected controls....but, there are no controls below (as the info describes onscreen). Click the Perform button again, to exit the Performance area. Now select one of you populated cells on the grid, like Amp1. Now when you click the Perform button, you can drag any selected Amp1 controls from the lower screen, into the Performance cells. Enjoy, it's awesome!

Updated both, worked fine...for a short while...like 15 minutes worth of playing. Made a change to one of my patches, the thing froze up on me. FC would not change anything, the select knob would not change patches, nothing. rebooted, same results. Made a b/u before updating, loaded them in, same results. Also it seems to take a lot longer (like 30+ seconds) for the Axe screen to display anything after it boots. Reloaded the latest firmware again, same thing. Resetting this thing back to recovery, then 5.08 where everything worked. Hope the FC 1.08 works with that.

And just in case someone is as dense as me ;) when you are in the new Axe-Edit, if you have clicked on an unpopulated cell on the grid, and then click the Perform button in Axe-Edit, you'll see the cool Performance cells where you can drag your selected controls....but, there are no controls below (as the info describes onscreen). Click the Perform button again, to exit the Performance area. Now select one of you populated cells on the grid, like Amp1. Now when you click the Perform button, you can drag any selected Amp1 controls from the lower screen, into the Performance cells. Enjoy, it's awesome!
You can use the new quick block navigator arrow to the left of the block name to jump between blocks in the preset when the Perform edit screen active.

And you'll be able to jump between blocks using this menu and not have to return to the grid:

The pop-up menu shows you ever block that's in the grid. You can even get to the globals and controllers views from here. No need to drop out of the Perform view when you're building your performance views if you do it this way.

Also: you can rename the performance parameters by double click on the block name or the parameter name now. That's so nice.

Watch my video and there’s an even better way.

ok reporting back, I made again the emergency recovery boot and installed FW 6.02 again, and had the same communication issues, it would not connect to axe edit even when it had the latest FW, and did not scroll past position of preset 4. fractal bot did not perform well either. I made a second emergency recovery boot again, and this time I installed FW 6.01 which is in fact working FINE (6.01 that is), so hopefully they fix that with the final release of 6.02 or whatever successor that will be. I don't understand yet why in some units they have that kind of issues, and in another units like they report it works 100% fine.....

If you’re having issues with AxeEdit then adding in which OS you are running it on would a useful bit of information!

UPDATE....emergency boot, 6.02 same problems. re-downloaded the 6.02 in the event I snagged something amiss in the first download, same thing. emergency boot load to 5.08 and it runs like a champ!! Don't know why, but my Axe does not like the 6.02. FC 1.08 works fine with the 5.08 too. Maybe I'll give it another try when 6.0+ or 7 comes out.

Back
Top Bottom