Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.02, Axe-Edit 1.01.09 and FC Firmware 1.08

I have encountered a serious issue I cannot correct on my own yet........
After successfully installing 6.02 and axeedit III, I attempted to install the FC 1.08 which I have done previously without problem several times. Fractal-bot appears to install the FW, but FC is now stuck in Failsafe mode, and multiple restarts, Faslink dis/reconnects and power cyclings, do not affect this, still on Failsafe Mode...before I go to Support officially, anyone got any ideas?
....I just noticed user @savaitti had the same issue as I have also with FC 6 #42

Update the FC again via the usual update procedure. Once you loaded the firmware via Fractal-Bot, just unplug the FASLINK cable to power cycle the FC-6, but DO NOT power cycle the Axe-FX III. At least this is how I solved the same issue I experienced an hour ago.

YES!!! The return of Firmware Friday!!!!!!
What a day...I'm so glad I have something positive to look forward to when I get home! Thank you Cliff, Matt and company.

Axe-Fx III Firmware:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/6p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_6p02.zip

Axe-Edit:
Windows:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p01p09.exe
Mac:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p01p09.dmg

FC Firmware:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fc/1.0/fc_rel_1p08.zip

Note: The Axe-Fx III and FC firmware are backwards compatible. You don't need to update the FC firmware to use Axe-Fx III firmware 6.02 and vice-versa. To get the benefits of the improved communications over long cables both the Axe-Fx III and FC need to be updated.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added LFO to Filter block. When enabled, the LFO will modulate the frequency of the filter between the Frequency and the Mod. Frequency. The local LFO simplifies modulated filtering and frees up the global LFOs for other tasks.

Added adjustable filter to Plex block wet signal. Filter can be any of the standard types (all types except comb filter types). Frequency, Q and Gain are modifiable.

Added Shimmer Verb type to Plex block.

The Mode parameter in the IR Player block has been replaced by a Length parameter.

Changed Home page behavior so that menu stays on selected tab when returning. Pressing HOME while on the Home page resets to first tab.

FC: Improved communication reliability when using very long cables (requires FC firmware version 1.08).

FC: Fix preset tempo being used when global is selected .

FC: Add Layout Inc/Dec function.
shimmer reverb!!!! Yes!!!

i posted earlier in the thread, and made its own thread, but just in case people only look at page 4 of this thread, here's a video i just made:

In this video I show a few of the new things that are in Firmware 6.02.

Also notice that the Home screen Quick Knob functions have changed a bit. We now have a direct way to get to FC Setup by pushing Knob D, and Tuner, Layout and Controllers have shifted over to the left by one. With the new Perform Tabs, we don't really need that Amp1 quick jump anymore.

screen-shot-2019-06-28-at-11-12-50-am-png.56122

00:31 - Filter LFO function
05:13 - Shimmer Verb (Plex Delay Block)
7:49 - New Perform Tab setup in Axe-Edit
12:33 - FC - Layout Inc/Dec with Wrapping
13:58 - New Home Screen Quick Control functions

Last edited:
YES! You can drag Manual modifiers onto the Perform tab and rename then to something easy to remember with AxeEdit! Cool!

I had to max out the midi buffer to get the FC firmware to install on my FC-6 too? Haven't needed to do that before? It's all good though. Love the new stuff!

Im having some communication time out issues with the Axe edit new update, when changing presets it wont change at all
Axe edit was unable to complete the following communication request: change preset

Awesome! - many thoughtful improvements in the FX3 and EDIT. I love having dedicated LFO within filter effect block... if possible, port that over to more effects blocks! ie: Flanger block for Electric Mistress emulation. If LFO is directly available from within a bunch of blocks it will allow much easier storage/recall/sharing of pedal emulations.

Back
Top Bottom