Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.01

I discovered a strange thing happening with my 2 favorite delays, (2290 W/Modulation and ducking). I'm not sure if this is normal or not and I did not test any other delays.
Under Settings - I/O, If my output setting is Sum L-R, and I choose left or right "phase reverse" under ducking, no delay is present through the output 1 or 2. If I change the I/O setting on channel 1 and/or 2 to stereo or copy L-R, delay is present.

I discovered a strange thing happening with my 2 favorite delays, (2290 W/Modulation and ducking). I'm not sure if this is normal or not and I did not test any other delays.
Under Settings - I/O, If my output setting is Sum L-R, and I choose left or right "phase reverse" under ducking, no delay is present through the output 1 or 2. If I change the I/O setting on channel 1 and/or 2 to stereo or copy L-R, delay is present.
This is normal because you’ve summed the phase reversed delay to mono, which cancels it.

Normal.... Any effect that reverses the Phase of one side will cause this.

The '2290' and 'Ambient Stereo' Delay, and '80s Style', 'Triangle', and 'Warm Stereo' Chorus to name a few. You need to be using a stereo output to get the most (or anything at all?) out of these algorithms.

Last edited:
Thanks, I understand now. Only bummer is the 2290 W/Modulation loses some spatial 3D effect. I'm probably hearing the difference because I'm running stereo to out 1, using a stereo guitar cab and to keep it simple for the FOH, Sum L-R to out 2. So I'm hearing the wide separation through the guitar cab. It's a totally different feel than the Ducking delay.

Thanks, I understand now. Only bummer is the 2290 W/Modulation loses some spatial 3D effect. I'm probably hearing the difference because I'm running stereo to out 1, using a stereo guitar cab and to keep it simple for the FOH, Sum L-R to out 2. So I'm hearing the wide separation through the guitar cab. It's a totally different feel than the Ducking delay.
You’re right. Phase inversion, like the 2290 uses, adds a wide, 3D effect that totally falls apart in mono.

Back
Top Bottom