Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.01

Trying to set 2 Perform Controls for "Output Mode" on Amp1 and Amp2. The settings do not seem to hold across all scenes; and setting these in the "Global" tab does not keep them set from one preset to another. Not sure if I understand well how these control settings are supposed to work across scenes and/or presets. Any guidance would be helpful.

When you turn such a control it edits one channel of an effect.

When you go to a different scene your edits remain and don't get reset, but when you leave the channel that got the edits, your edits don't effect something.

When leaving the preset without saving your edits go lost.

The performance controls are useful to tweak presets, try things, and maybe if you like the changes save them.
They do not replace a pedal or an IA switch.

k - I thought there was more to this feature. So, to set up performance controls of "Output Mode" on Amp1 snd Amp2 I would have to set up 8 of them?

No. If you have 2 amps then Amp 1 and Amp 2 Output only (2 controls-Global is great). When you are on the different channels you are still controlling the Amp 1 or Amp 2 just different channels of those amps..

k - I thought there was more to this feature. So, to set up performance controls of "Output Mode" on Amp1 snd Amp2 I would have to set up 8 of them?

As @bshaw92 says, you only need those two, but as the scenes changes so do the values to whatever the current channel values are (depending on whatever else can change the values) ... so the perf settings are not "applied" across all scenes but to the particular active scene/channel. If you change the value of a parameter in a channel by editing the block or by a controller or by the perf page, it stays (unless you leave the preset).

No. If you have 2 amps then Amp 1 and Amp 2 Output only (2 controls-Global is great). When you are on the different channels you are still controlling the Amp 1 or Amp 2 just different channels of those amps..
As @bshaw92 says, you only need those two, but as the scenes changes so do the values to whatever the current channel values are (depending on whatever else can change the values) ... so the perf settings are not "applied" across all scenes but to the particular active scene/channel. If you change the value of a parameter in a channel by editing the block or by a controller or by the perf page, it stays (unless you leave the preset).

Thanks all - I +1'd a wishlist item to give global control to output mode which is a better solution for what I want to do (easily change output mode for all amp blocks / channels)

WISH: When on performance page, revert to performance page rather than home screen when exiting Tuner or Layout.
For example - Global Performance is showing, press B for tuner, Press Exit or B again, this reverts to HOME page rather than PERFORMANCE page. Same thing when using the Tuner switch on the FC.
Thanks.
+1

so final release candidate .. but looking good
It’s an actual release. If it were a release candidate, it would have been designated as such. And there’s no such thing as a “final release candidate.” :)

Last edited:
I just want to know if its safe to use now lol hehe because its not on the website as a download, but after reading all the posts .. everyone seems happy with it ..

I just want to know if its safe to use now lol hehe because its not on the website as a download, but after reading all the posts .. everyone seems happy with it ..
The website often lags behind the forum.

Unless the firmware is labeled as "beta" then it is "official".

Back
Top Bottom