Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded (from last non Beta version, I didn't go to 5.09 first).

Works overall very well, definitely sounds much more natural (how many times have I typed that!) but noticing a nice power amp feeling from the Plexi models which I don't think was there before.

Two issues for me:

I'm only running in mono, but my right channel of output one is showing on the front metres full output (all lights lit) the whole time whether signal is present or not.

Tuner behaviour has changed, previously tuning the tuner off unmuted the signal (as I liked), now as other have said I need to change scenes, this is definitely new behaviour

How about taking this one down?

I was wondering the same thing. With so many people reporting problems with this, why is the link still up? It should be taken down until a more stable beta is made available. Most people will download and install before reading the thread.

Put your III on an empty preset and it’ll be fine before you can even get the beans ground.
Is this some hidden arcane secret? You're saying that a full backup is faster if you have an empty preset loaded when you start?
I think it's a known fact ;)
Indeed. Has been documented in the wiki for years.
Wow... Somehow I've never heard of this!

@yek do you have wiki link reference? Would be useful to others, too :)

Edit:

Nevermind - here is the link:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Fractal-Bot#Speed_up_transfers

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. With so many people reporting problems with this, why is the link still up? It should be taken down until a more stable beta is made available. Most people will download and install before reading the thread.

No one is being forced to install it, and no lasting damage is done. It works for many still, and more people using the beta helps find any other issues that need correcting prior to the actual release.

This one aspect could be corrected for a 6.01 beta release, but, then we'd still want everyone else to try it out and find issues, which just pushes the actual release back.

Beta's come with some risk after all

Works fine for me, but I noted that when I use the tuner, the output stays muted after hitting the home button. I have to switch away from the preset and come back to it, then everything is normal.

No one is being forced to install it, and no lasting damage is done. It works for many still, and more people using the beta helps find any other issues that need correcting prior to the actual release.

This one aspect could be corrected for a 6.01 beta release, but, then we'd still want everyone else to try it out and find issues, which just pushes the actual release back.

Beta's come with some risk after all

Damn. I did not have time to download it. Beta issues do happen so I hope Fractal does not stop getting beta versions out to us just because a few people freak out even though there’s an easy way to revert to previous firmwares in the unlikely event something goes wrong.

It's a BETA. It's for trying out and identifying problems. That's the point.

It sounds like you might be better off sticking to the major releases.

"Is this some hidden arcane secret? You're saying that a full backup is faster if you have an empty preset loaded when you start?"
"I think it's a known fact ;)"
"Indeed. Has been documented in the wiki for years."

First I've heard of this... feel like an idiot.

does that includes the unit not rebooting???, if that is a beta I will never try one again in my life! Jesus Christ!

A Beta release is a pre-release or test release. From wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Open_and_closed_beta):

"Developers may release either a closed beta also called private beta, or an open beta also called public beta; closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested. [...] The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version."

"Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find."

It's a BETA. It's for trying out and identifying problems. That's the point.

It sounds like you might be better off sticking to the major releases.

I’ve never had trouble with a beta before and I’m glad they release them. But it’s one thing for a beta to introduce a few bugs and it’s another to be bricking machines. Once it’s been established that it’s bricking machines it’s the right thing to pull it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom