Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update gives me the black screen.... how do I go back to a working firmware version?

Try these suggestions:

1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
2. Power on holding EDIT until the boot sequence starts (diagnostics text starts to display).
3. Enter SETUP, open the Utilities menu, and page to Reset.
4. Execute Reset System Parameters as indicated on-screen (Push-knob A followed by ENTER). WARNING! Do NOT accidentally perform CLEAR ALL PRESETS!!!
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to execute. Press HOME when finished
If that doesn't work revert to a previous firmware using the emergency bootloader:
1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.

HI All, I have done the update on my AXE 3 to Version 6.00 and it is working just fine.
Here is what I did incase it helps and works for anyone else.
1. I updated from 5.08 to 5.90 Tested and it was working just fine.
2. I updated from 5.90 to 6.00 there was no problem at all rebooting, I've been using it for about 3hrs with no issues.

Cheers, Glenn.

HI All, I have done the update on my AXE 3 to Version 6.00 and it is working just fine.
Here is what I did incase it helps and works for anyone else.
1. I updated from 5.08 to 5.90 Tested and it was working just fine.
2. I updated from 5.90 to 6.00 there was no problem at all rebooting, I've been using it for about 3hrs with no issues.

Cheers, Glenn.
If the bug some encounter is due to unitalized memory, your process is pointless... The bug can happen randomly, depending on the content of each unit memory

If the bug some encounter is due to unitalized memory, your process is pointless... The bug can happen randomly, depending on the content of each unit memory

Maybe so, but I've had success with it and it's working great for me, it may also work for someone else as well, and if it don't, they can always roll back to 5.09 like others have done. Cheers.

Updated from 5.08 to 6.0 beta and the inputs were dead i.e. no signal into the unit. I have some global blocks and everything seemed fine until I tried to play ..... I tested Inputs 1, 2 and 3 and no signal were detected in the unit. Rolled back to 5.08 and everything is good. Love to start using the new functions
Edit; I have been using Fractal products (II, IIXL, AX8 and Axe Fx III) since 2012 and am very happy to be one of the public beta testers!! Considering the efforts Mr. Chase put into the FW's this is a small (but hopefully important) contribution from the forum members to the development process. Running beta versions are (as mentioned by many members in various threads) can be a risky business and if you want to play safe then stay away from the beta versions. Constructive feedback is a good thing but just complaining is not a civilized behavior (at least not in my part of the world).

Last edited:
It is possible that the 5.09b release did some initialisation better than 6.0b. Therefore some have found, when going from a version earlier (like 5.08) to 6.0b that these problems appeared. Either way, as @AlGrenadine says, functions may work now but also could rather randomly do other things. And therefore if it’s important... wait for a fix.

This time the update IS a hot potato, indeed.

Updated from 5.09 beta2 to 6.00 beta1.
All inputs are dead. Device unusable now.

Editing the Performs tabs works fine. Thank you very much for the Perform-Glb, so useful.

Rolled successfully back to 5.09 beta2.

Edit: double checked the problem by installing FW 6.00b1 twice. Yes, problem certified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom