Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got home and was looking forward to installing. When I hear "bricked" though it makes me scared. Think I'll wait.

Totally understand that reluctance. However, consider this...but only if you’re comfortable with a possible problem...

I’ve installed (and even gigged) betas since, I think, 17.x. I’ve never experienced an upgrade issue until today. I don’t mind at all that there was an issue with my upgrade because that’s what a beta is looking to accomplish...see what does/doesn’t work in a variety of real world situations.

Yes there have been several people with issues, but the best way to get those fixed is to try and install and then report any issues you encounter.

If it works - great that’s a data point. If it doesn’t - also a data point.

I’m genuinely curious why I failed (going from 5.07 -> 6.0B) yet others installed successfully. The more successes and failures that get reported, the better the final release will be.

Just my $0.02USD

Totally understand that reluctance. However, consider this...but only if you’re comfortable with a possible problem...

I’ve installed (and even gigged) betas since, I think, 17.x. I’ve never experienced an upgrade issue until today. I don’t mind at all that there was an issue with my upgrade because that’s what a beta is looking to accomplish...see what does/doesn’t work in a variety of real world situations.

Yes there have been several people with issues, but the best way to get those fixed is to try and install and then report any issues you encounter.

If it works - great that’s a data point. If it doesn’t - also a data point.

I’m genuinely curious why I failed (going from 5.07 -> 6.0B) yet others installed successfully. The more successes and failures that get reported, the better the final release will be.

Just my $0.02USD

Knowing Cliff, I bet he's already working on a fix.

I think I know what the problem is. It's crashing during Global initialization. I didn't write the new Perform-Global stuff but my guess is that there is random data in the system memory and the global initialization is choking on this. Probably a string copy of an unterminated string. I've notified the engineer.

Last edited:
A system reset at startup will probably fix this. I forget the exact sequence of buttons to hold but it's in the manual. You'll erase your system settings though.

first problems with a grey screen after installing that firmware crap!!!..... In a brand new unit and with Fractals flagship model, totally annoying and disturbing!

first problems with a grey screen after installing that firmware crap!!!..... In a brand new unit and with Fractals flagship model, totally annoying and disturbing!

Read Cliff's posts above

I think I know what the problem is. It's crashing during Global initialization. I didn't write the new Perform-Global stuff but my guess is that there is random data in the system memory and the global initialization is choking on this. Probably a string copy of an unterminated string. I've notified the engineer.
A system reset at startup will probably fix this. I forget the exact sequence of buttons to hold but it's in the manual. You'll erase your system settings though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom