Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, back to 5.08 for me.

On top of some of the issues I've seen reported here, I was having the spdif output get garbled or entirely drop out after a few minutes of use, cured by reboots, but usually to return.

Back to normal after reverting to 5.08.

This is a very nice tubey-like update not to mention other improvements that don't affect me atm. Cliff offered a possible solution to the problems some are having by resetting your system parameters. I've not heard anyone say that did or didn't fix the issue which probably could have helped him solve the problem.
So I guess we can continue complaining how beta's should or shouldn't be released. Beta's are test versions to find bugs, right? or if you find a bug do what? Seems no one was permanently stuck? Personally I consider it an honor to load the beta's. All IMO.

So I guess we can continue complaining how beta's should or shouldn't be released. Beta's are test versions to find bugs, right? or if you find a bug do what? Seems no one was permanently stuck? Personally I consider it an honor to load the beta's. All IMO.

Literally nobody in this thread is arguing that they shouldn’t be releasing betas. I merely said that at some point they should pull that particular one down, which they did. I was not and am not “complaining.” Everybody’s arguing against straw men here.

It may be recoverable but it’s been established that it has major, major bugs which may take many by surprise if they don’t read the thread first and will be at best a major PITA. What’s the point of leaving it up? Fix it and then re-release.

Ok. But it’s not “bricked’. People need to chill.

It may be recoverable but it’s been established that it has major, major bugs which may take many by surprise if they don’t read the thread first and will be at best a major PITA. What’s the point of leaving it up? Fix it and then re-release.
It was pulled. I just wish I could enjoy the improved power amp modeling!

I learned a number of cool startup tricks as a result of installing this update before a gig, like an idiot who should (and does) know better. Emergency update mode was cool. Keen to hold edit and see what I can fool around with!

I learned a number of cool startup tricks as a result of installing this update before a gig, like an idiot who should (and does) know better. Emergency update mode was cool. Keen to hold edit and see what I can fool around with!

And lose 2 weeks on returning to FAS for 'fooling around' with stuff that you have no business playing with.

It's been said, but beta is exactly that. DON'T try it if you rely on this device for steady behaviour (i.e. I have a gig in 2 days). Sure, it will be pretty solid, but any hint of complaint (outside of a constructive pointer), is in the realm of idiocy.

Back in the day, you had to contact Support for a special boot chip to do an emergency boot. Just one of the many improvements in current hardware. :)

And lose 2 weeks on returning to FAS for 'fooling around' with stuff that you have no business playing with.

It's been said, but beta is exactly that. DON'T try it if you rely on this device for steady behaviour (i.e. I have a gig in 2 days). Sure, it will be pretty solid, but any hint of complaint (outside of a constructive pointer), is in the realm of idiocy.

Harshness filter engaged. :) Not complaining. My actions are my own responsibility, so my business is to 'fool around' with whatever I like!!! ;)

Last edited:
It works! You can cram 14 characters into each of the two lines.
did i miss something on this feature? can you develop please?

no bugs here. upgraded from fw5.09b

otherwise it seems to me that the remodeling of the new amp brings a rounder sound (cool on plexi's), also raising a bit the volume of presets.

The editor's Perform view is accessed via the "Perform" button or the Tools / Performance menu. From this view, Per-Preset Performance controls can be imported and/or exported using the "Block Library" control. Additionally, the view's "Per-Preset" and "Global" tabs allow label editing for controls already assigned to the "Perfrom-PP" and "Perform-Gbl" tabs.
did i miss something on this feature? can you develop please?

no bugs here. upgraded from fw5.09b

otherwise it seems to me that the remodeling of the new amp brings a rounder sound (cool on plexi's), also raising a bit the volume of presets.

Literally nobody in this thread is arguing that they shouldn’t be releasing betas. I merely said that at some point they should pull that particular one down, which they did. I was not and am not “complaining.” Everybody’s arguing against straw men here.

Same opinion here. As per past practice, FAS pulled the beta when more serious issues were uncovered. It did stay up a bit longer than in past instances but it is the weekend so ... I did software development for 30 yrs and from what I see FAS has a well disciplined software release methodology. As always there are risks for beta users which is the price paid for getting hands on new features early - it's all good!

Same opinion here. As per past practice, FAS pulled the beta when more serious issues were uncovered. It did stay up a bit longer than in past instances but it is the weekend so ... I did software development for 30 yrs and from what I see FAS has a well disciplined software release methodology. As always there are risks for beta users which is the price paid for getting hands on new features early - it's all good!

User prerogative to install beta firmware (and lets face it, there is even a small "risk" updating ANY firmware) and also FAS's prerogative to release, or pull, any firmware they choose.

End users really don't need to tell FAS what to pull any more than FAS should be able to force anyone to upgrade. Cliff has been doing this for a long time, very successfully I might add, and I think he can more than handle the decision of when to pull, or not pull, anything that he choose to put out there, without any extra help for us.

He puts it out, I usually load it up, provided I've got the time, and if there is a problem, I report it, and if there are awesome things I love, I also "report" those.....

This had been working out fantastically for like, I don't know, 100+ updates and beta's et al., since I've bought my first FAS unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom