Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

Most excellent feature for free...!!! Mega-Thanx!!!
Now...
Question...
Has anyone else noticed that things are brighter sounding after installing this fw...?
I have double and triple checked and... something is different...

Now...
Question...
Has anyone else noticed that things are brighter sounding after installing this fw...?
I haven't yet updated but I don't recall any comments about any differences in the sound, nor do the Release Notes indicate any changes that would make such a change.

You can always revert back and compare.

Also make sure Global Amp modeling and Cab modeling is still enabled.

Now...
Question...

How did you compare the sounds?
It's usually hard to tell when there's some minutes between sound A and sound B. And it's impossible to tell something when the listening volume is not identical. Even smallest changes in volume make you think it sounds different.

How did you compare the sounds?
It's usually hard to tell when there's some minutes between sound A and sound B. And it's impossible to tell something when the listening volume is not identical. Even smallest changes in volume make you think it sounds different.
Record a reamp track and reamp with each firmware?

What if you also added a Performance Block that was tied just to the Patch & whatever was being used in that particular patch & also had maybe a little more depth, like Two Pages.
This way you could also save it as a template or effect of sorts in AxeEdit.
Could also assign it to a FC or foot switch.

What if you also added a Performance Block that was tied just to the Patch & whatever was being used in that particular patch & also had maybe a little more depth, like Two Pages.
This way you could also save it as a template or effect of sorts in AxeEdit.
Could also assign it to a FC or foot switch.

images

For Mac users you can go to System Preferences keyboard tab and check the box marked "Use all F1, F2, etc..." to make the function keys the default.

Danny W.

But this kills all of the native onboard functions of those keys which many of us rely on. I will inquire about an alternative such as Command+Option+Shift+ [number key 1–9 or 0]

But this kills all of the native onboard functions of those keys which many of us rely on. I will inquire about an alternative such as Command+Option+Shift+ [number key 1–9 or 0]

It shouldn't. I have a fn key on my keyboard to use those functions. I have the default behavior as Function keys.

I think being able to right-click on the controls in Axe-Edit and then add them to the performance screen from a pop-up menu would be the preferred solution for me. I already use dozens of different software programs in daily work and I'd prefer not to have to memorize a key combo for something I'd probably be doing fairly infrequently.

Ok, I am only making a suggestion as to how I think it could be easier.

I think right clicking is more intuitive and easier to remember, sure. I was just saying it's probably not a big deal assuming you don't use the shortcut keys very often. I certainly wouldn't object to a right click option, though right clicking is already linked to editing modifiers for a number of parameters.

Last edited:
If that wasn’t clear, I apologize.. what I’m saying is add a Performance Block that you could add to the Grid like you would any other effect., kinda like we have the Real-time Analyzer. And then you could maybe add two pages, save your settings like you do for other effects in AxeEdit & easily call it up via foot switch.

Still experiencing the looper bug. With nothing recorded in the loop, press play, then record and you'll get a very loud bump in volume. (test with speakers very low)

No it doesn't--just press fn for those functions. If you were setting up a number of per-presets, it seems easier to check the prefs box and then uncheck it once the setup was complete.

It shouldn't. I have a fn key on my keyboard to use those functions. I have the default behavior as Function keys.

Yup!

Danny W.

Performance Screen:

It would be nice if the Performance Screen would be added to the MIDI/Remote > Other menu [edit: and FC menu].
This would allow assigning a CC to it, enabling us to switch to that screen remotely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom