Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

I don’t know about this performance page feature guys.....

One of the main arguments I see against modelers, from people who prefer amps or analog pedalboards is that they like immediate control...

“I want to be able to bend down and turn up my chorus depth, not edit through menus” or “I want to be able to reach over and tweak the mid control on the fly” etc etc

Well, if you can have readily available frequently used parameters, per preset, or globally, that would be super handy, BUT, it’s going to kill their argument.....

Want chorus with just a depth and rate knob, amp with BMT and master, one knob for reverb mix, and you want that all as readily accessible as hardware ? Boom, done. One page, one menu, everything you want at your fingers, no menu diving, no deep parameters. Pure simplicity

Guess they will need another new argument after this lol

I've noticed that any parameter with a 'slider' can't be assigned to the 'Performance' screen. 'Output EQ' sliders in the Amp block and the Graphic EQ block, etc.... There isn't really room for the full slider graphic, but maybe a shortened one, or even a knob graphic?

Make Perform screen act as a single "layout" like FC6 & FC12, but allow per preset overrides for all 10 perform screen slots. That way you can change it quickly and be done with programming, or override per preset. But mainly to save time. I didn't download it, but I heard the tuner takes you out of the perform screen. No thanks then, I'm using my feet!

I don’t know about this performance page feature guys.....

One of the main arguments I see against modelers, from people who prefer amps or analog pedalboards is that they like immediate control...

“I want to be able to bend down and turn up my chorus depth, not edit through menus” or “I want to be able to reach over and tweak the mid control on the fly” etc etc

When you adjust a pedal or lean over and alter the settings on your amp during a performance, you don't have to then click STORE/ENTER/ENTER afterwards. This is the reason I'd suggested an Auto-Save option earlier in the thread. It would behave a lot more like a conventional setup.

When you adjust a pedal or lean over and alter the settings on your amp during a performance, you don't have to then click STORE/ENTER/ENTER afterwards. This is the reason I'd suggested an Auto-Save option earlier in the thread. It would behave a lot more like a conventional setup.

Auto save would be really cool until you bumped a button
What if the save procedure was just hitting Store once in that screen

Auto save would be really cool until you bumped a button
What if the save procedure was just hitting Store once in that screen

It would be no different to using real pedals and amp, so yes, bumping a button would cause a permanent change, but I'd say that was less likely than it is with a real amp/pedals. However if there was an option not to have auto-save engaged, then it'd be a failsafe if you absolutely don't want any permanent changes.

One thing I love about this forum is we all say "WOW, GREAT, THANK YOU, YOU'RE GREAT", but then say, "It sure would be great is if you added this or changed this", or "I would like to see this next time". I'm not bashing, but personally am very appreciative of the great support for this product. I deal with lot's of pro gear on a regular basis, and, for the record, this is the best supported product I have ever owned or sold. The staff really cares about their customers. And in return, I have become part of their unpaid volunteer army of public relations.

One thing I love about this forum is we all say "WOW, GREAT, THANK YOU, YOU'RE GREAT", but then say, "It sure would be great is if you added this or changed this", or "I would like to see this next time". I'm not bashing, but personally am very appreciative of the great support for this product. I deal with lot's of pro gear on a regular basis, and, for the record, this is the best supported product I have ever owned or sold. The staff really cares about their customers. And in return, I have become part of their unpaid volunteer army of public relations.
It's really seeing our part as users in the development process. This current release is a 'Public Beta' and as the name suggests, it's inviting us to try it out and make suggestions about its functionality, along with finding any bugs and issues prior to an official release. The cool thing is, even once it's released, we can still have a huge amount of input and in the past that's helped FAS come up with some truly astounding stuff.

This might be a stupid question, especially since I haven't had time to try the new firmware (will probably not be until the final firmware). But, can you assign to different parameters to the same dial? Like, if you have 2 different delay blocks in series (ala Andy Timmons or David Gilmour) and want to alter the mix of both at the same time?

This might be a stupid question, especially since I haven't had time to try the new firmware (will probably not be until the final firmware). But, can you assign to different parameters to the same dial? Like, if you have 2 different delay blocks in series (ala Andy Timmons or David Gilmour) and want to alter the mix of both at the same time?
Not directly. But you could use the 'Global Effects Mix' parameter in the Performance screen. You will have to turn on the Global switch next to the 'Mix' parameters in both of the Delay blocks. It will allow you to add or subtract from the programmed values.

You can also currently assign any of the Scene Controller knobs. But you will have to assign one for each scene that you are using, or wanting to adjust.

However, this brings up a wish from me...... To be able to add External Controllers, Control Switch, and FC Pedal 1, 2, etc... in the performance screen. We could adjust multiple parameters, across multiple blocks with a single knob, and/or use them like 'virtual' Expression pedals. Great for setting up and testing Expression pedal controls without needing to have any connected.

However, this brings up a wish from me...... To be able to add External Controllers, Control Switch, and FC Pedal 1, 2, etc... in the performance screen. We could adjust multiple parameters, across multiple blocks with a single knob, and/or use them like 'virtual' Expression pedals. Great for setting up and testing Expression pedal controls without needing to have any connected.
This, please............

Not directly. But you could use the 'Global Effects Mix' parameter in the Performance screen. You will have to turn on the Global switch next to the 'Mix' parameters in both of the Delay blocks. It will allow you to add or subtract from the programmed values.

You can also currently assign any of the Scene Controller knobs. But you will have to assign one for each scene that you are using, or wanting to adjust.

Thanks! Seems like global blocks are the way to go. Scene controllers seem a bit to clumsy to use in my scenario.

And +1 on your wish!

It would also be awesome if we could edit the mini-knob push-to-edit options across the bottom of the screen, currently the same as the 'Home' screen... (- Amp 1 - Tuner - Layout - Controllers - Setup -). Maybe even two different setups, to go along with the proposed Global and Per-Preset screens?

Options like Scene down, Scene up, Amp 2, Scene Controllers, Control Switches, etc...

Thanks! Seems like global blocks are the way to go. Scene controllers seem a bit to clumsy to use in my scenario.

And +1 on your wish!
Just to be clear... I'm not talking about "Global Blocks". Just linking the 'Mix' parameters of the Delay blocks to the 'Global Effects Mix' parameter, on a per-preset basis. And then adding that 'Global Effects Mix' parameter to the performance screen.

BTW... There is also a 'Global Reverb Mix' parameter too. But the Reverb 'Mix' parameter also has to have the little 'Global' button switched on for each preset that you wish to have control over.

Last edited:
Just to be clear... I'm not talking about "Global Blocks". Just linking the 'Mix' parameters of the Delay blocks to the 'Global Effects Mix' parameter, on a per-preset basis. And then adding that 'Global Effects Mix' parameter to the performance screen.

BTW... There is also a 'Global Reverb Mix' parameter too. But the Reverb 'Mix' parameter also has to have the little 'Global' button switched on for each preset that you wish to have control over.
Ah, ok, gotcha! Thanks for the clarification :)

Auto-save seems like a good idea as an option.

Another thing that would be useful is if the Edit button could take you to the edit view for the effect that is controlled by the selected parameter - IOW, if you're on DRV1 Tone then pressing Edit takes you to the DRV1 edit view.

Auto-save seems like a good idea as an option.

Another thing that would be useful is if the Edit button could take you to the edit view for the effect that is controlled by the selected parameter - IOW, if you're on DRV1 Tone then pressing Edit takes you to the DRV1 edit view.

Love this
Like the Amp1 button

Back
Top Bottom