Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

The performance mode was a great add. I was wondering if that could be tweeked at a later date to allow 10 different blocks per scene instead of per preset. Most of the time I go to different amps and different effects, which when going to a different scene I will have lost control of those amps and effects. This update is a life saver live. If this is updated later to be per Scene, you would have full control of all important things and not have major problems in a clinch when things are too loud, or adjustments needed.

I think that multiple pages defeat

That would be great and still easy to gasp/manage.

I am with Yek if this feature is to keep it simple 5 performance pages kinda puts you right back to menu diving

PP/ Global makes sense

Also as others said a screen with drag and drop functionality would be awesome for the future

I think that multiple pages defeat

That would be great and still easy to gasp/manage.
How about this then. You could still use amp 1 or effect one and when you change scenes and go to amp or effect B, it ignores channel and what ever is loaded into Amp 1 or effect 1. I only use channels when changing scenes and if there is a way to ignore channels and what ever is loaded into Amp 1 or Effect 1. I am not sure if that is even possible. In other words Scene one is Amp 1 channel A, Scene two would be Amp 1 channel B. You still want control of that amp also. I am assuming that when you go to channel B, you will lose control of A. I don't know if the programming is per block and channels could not matter or not. Most of my preset have an 4 channels of amps and effects, especially delays. Delays I have Channel 1 160 ms, channel 2 dot 8, channel 3 1/4. Amps I have channel A, Fender clean, channel B Fender hair, channel C Bogner blue crunch, Channel D, Bogner Red. I know most do not set up my way, but this is the ultimate for me. Per Scene would be the holy grail or if each channel is automatically seen only as Amp or effect one no matter what channel. The latter seems maybe not to work. I use to be a programmer, not a good one, but I do understand the scenes could be done with a tone of programming. I am just a humble servant and appreciate what I have. If the programming is slot based instead of channel based would be better if that is possible.

How about this then. You could still use amp 1 or effect one and when you change scenes and go to amp or effect B, it ignores channel and what ever is loaded into Amp 1 or effect 1. I only use channels when changing scenes and if there is a way to ignore channels and what ever is loaded into Amp 1 or Effect 1. I am not sure if that is even possible. In other words Scene one is Amp 1 channel A, Scene two would be Amp 1 channel B. You still want control of that amp also. I am assuming that when you go to channel B, you will lose control of A. I don't know if the programming is per block and channels could not matter or not. Most of my preset have an 4 channels of amps and effects, especially delays. Delays I have Channel 1 160 ms, channel 2 dot 8, channel 3 1/4. Amps I have channel A, Fender clean, channel B Fender hair, channel C Bogner blue crunch, Channel D, Bogner Red. I know most do not set up my way, but this is the ultimate for me. Per Scene would be the holy grail or if each channel is automatically seen only as Amp or effect one no matter what channel. The latter seems maybe not to work. I use to be a programmer, not a good one, but I do understand the scenes could be done with a tone of programming. I am just a humble servant and appreciate what I have. If the programming is slot based instead of channel based would be better if that is possible.

I'm assuming you have an Axe 3, so what happened when you tried it?

I am with Yek if this feature is to keep it simple 5 performance pages kinda puts you right back to menu diving

PP/ Global makes sense

Also as others said a screen with drag and drop functionality would be awesome for the future

The scene changes on the performance page when you change scenes with your controller. You would have to program 8 pages. I watched the screen and it does go from scene to scene. Some will only want one screen. In this case, have one global for every page or do per preset with 8 Scenes. I know that would be a lot of programming, but it is great for multi channel presets

I'm assuming you have an Axe 3, so what happened when you tried it?
It does recognize per channel. I did not even test this. This is what you get for assuming. In this case, one page is all I need. I do believe a global would be good when you want all your controls the same. Thank you for clearing this up.

The only slight problem with global is... (for example) AMP1 might not be the amp that has been configured for FoH consistently between presets (and this is my case because of keeping up with firmwares and resets etc, LOL).
I have two amps configured, sometimes AMP1 goes to FOH, sometimes it goes to a SS+PA+CAB...
(at this moment in time, I have configured slot 1 on the performance page to be FoH AMP and slot 2 to be the SS AMP)... which leads me on to...
It would be GREAT to be able to also label these items... for example MIX2 isn't very descriptive when actually on "this" preset it is my SHIMMER MIX...
I think there is a place for global, and per preset. (I would put both amps in the global screen)
and keep any specifics in the per preset, BUT this would mean that I would need to go through and standardise on AMP routing.

If there is a global page provided, and you do not propagate it with any parameters, would it have any negative effect? I’m guessing no but perhaps I’m not as smart as I think

My left side shift key stopped working months ago on my MBP...so I managed to contort enough to set up 9 of the 10 spots...but it seems the right side shift key won't load spot #5....as mentioned earlier in this thread...
Is there any way around this now...or in the future?

What about 2 global pages with per-preset overrides?
It would be consistent with the FC setup at least.

PS: I think a nice feature would also be an option to make the rotation of the knobs have a fixed 1:1 ratio with the virtual knobs, I think it would make them "feel" more like analog knobs.

The only slight problem with global is... (for example) AMP1 might not be the amp that has been configured for FoH consistently between presets (and this is my case because of keeping up with firmwares and resets etc, LOL).
I have two amps configured, sometimes AMP1 goes to FOH, sometimes it goes to a SS+PA+CAB...
(at this moment in time, I have configured slot 1 on the performance page to be FoH AMP and slot 2 to be the SS AMP)... which leads me on to...
It would be GREAT to be able to also label these items... for example MIX2 isn't very descriptive when actually on "this" preset it is my SHIMMER MIX...
I think there is a place for global, and per preset. (I would put both amps in the global screen)
and keep any specifics in the per preset, BUT this would mean that I would need to go through and standardise on AMP routing.

I think you answered your own question.

nah... the controls for Preset Perform Screen makes sense... the same is not true for Global Perform.... unless you go back and organise.

That’s what I meant: organize your presets. The system can’t provide a solution for all individual prefs / setups.

Then use per preset only.

Back
Top Bottom