Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

For the moment, this is my Perf Screen setup:

[Tempo] - [amp: Drive] - [amp:Bass] - [amp:Mid] - [amp:Treble]

[amp:Bright] - [amp:Master] - [amp:Level] - [cab:Lo Cut] - [cab:Hi Cut]

I'll probably replace Tempo with something else.

Looks great could you have amp channels if you turn dial ABCD

What about Authentic /ideal on off

turning ABCDE changes the parameter you assigned, so it can't also change channels.

i'm gonna wait till the final release to do my video. leon covered the hype for this beta *thumbs*

Sorry i think i explained that wrong
If one amp block has 4 channels
Can i use one performance screen control to. Scroll through them

Looks great could you have amp channels if you turn dial ABCD

What about Authentic /ideal on off

No Amp channels. Which is not that strange in fact. The PERFORM screen does not replace the foot controller, grid etc. It’s targeted at performances, offering quick access to parameters.

Now THAT looks useful. :)

Last edited:
Question: can I address each of these slots by midi cc? I just got a Behringer X-touch Compact and it would be great to have the sliders control whatever is assigned in this page.

For example, slider 1 is assigned to midi cc11. I set that to be performance control 1, and now that slider controls drive on some patches, and delay mix on another because that’s what I assigned performance control 1 to do on that patch.

Last edited:
Question: can I address each of these slots by midi cc? I just got a Behringer X-touch Compact and it would be great to have the sliders control whatever is assigned in this page.

For example, slider 1 is assigned to midi cc11. I set that to be performance control 1, and now that slider controls drive on some patches, and delay mix on another because that’s what I assigned performance control 1 to do on that patch.
no. this is for the Axe-Fx III front panel and screen.

I wonder if the team had any idea what sort of can of worms this feature would be :D

This is such a cool thing to integrate, and we're all already thinking of a million ways it could be better. Incredible!

I used this at practice last night, it was too useful! I got a new guitar yesterday that is a bit brighter than my usual guitars, and the sound guy commented on my sound being a little trebly and asked if he should roll it off or if I wanted to. I told him I would nudge it down as I had several presets. It was too easy, for each preset we did a little sound check, and I was able to use the Perform screen to tweak my treble to a suitable level. This was so fast and simple, I would probably have hesitated doing this without the Perform screen.

Love this new screen, thanks Cliff!!

Last edited:

Great minds think alike :)
Except I don't have tempo in my performance screen setup.
Instead I have delay mix, trem speed, rotary speed ect depending on the preset, and that control is on the last slot, otherwise identical.

Reactions: yek
This is such a cool thing to integrate, and we're all already thinking of a million ways it could be better. Incredible!

This is a beta release, it is normal/expected to provide feedback and even small requests to Cliff as he is still working on it and will later be releasing the official version. He releases it as a beta for our testing/feedback.

That said, I do fully agree with your view for official non-beta releases.

Great minds think alike :)
Except I don't have tempo in my performance screen setup.
Instead I have delay mix, trem speed, rotary speed ect depending on the preset, and that control is on the last slot, otherwise identical.

Good plan!

Is the Performance screen persistent if you change presets? Or do you need to navigate to it each time you change?

Back
Top Bottom