Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

Maybe a bug : "Adding or removing a PERFORM control will change the EDIT state of the preset"

I am experiencing the same as @AlGrenadine when I remove a perform parameter, but my AF3's "Edited lamp" does light when a perform parameter is added. This is with Firmware 5.0 Beta 2.

Great new functionality, wouldn't it be cool if FracTool would allow to copy a performance screen over multiple presets? :)

Yes please, @AlGrenadine , please.
I am in need of some sort of an template, available as a batch command which lets me process hundreds of presets in one go. After that I can edit the Perf Screen per-preset.
Unless FAS comes up with something like that already, of course.

Yes please, @AlGrenadine , please.
I am in need of some sort of an template, available as a batch command which lets me process hundreds of presets in one go. After that I can edit the Perf Screen per-preset.
Unless FAS comes up with something like that already, of course.
Unfortunately i have to understand how the performance information is stored, this will take time unless fractal gives me some hints ;)

Great new functionality, wouldn't it be cool if FracTool would allow to copy a performance screen over multiple presets? :)

This would be awesome! In addition to this, it would be so great if there was a global Performance setup on the AxeFX that you could override per preset. Having said that, I felt VERY cheeky typing that out as Cliff has only just released this beta FW a couple of hours ago; it's not a request from me, just an idea. I love the way this Performance screen is working now!

I love the functionality. A thought though: I would imagine most people would program in mostly the same settings for each patch, seeing as this feature is designed as a quick, no-thought adjustment kind of thing. Most people would probably want a standard so they don't have to look too much. "Mid and Treble knobs are the top right-most controls on the performance page" etc.

Hey @FractalAudio is there enough room to make a couple of global Performance pages? They could all be under one tab, but hitting the up and down arrow keys could cycle between them. Global Performance 1, Global Performance 2, Local Performance 1, etc.

Chris, can you make a video showing people how to use their computer? ;)
Uh, we know how to use our computers, okay? The app had crashed. Yet it was still "working" to adjust parameters and rename stuff - so how was I supposed to know the ONE function it wouldn't perform was the new one in the firmware/software update?

And for the ONE person who couldn't find the function key, if you own & use a Mac for day-to-day stuff, you NEVER touch that. I've owned my Mac for 7 years and never touched it until yesterday (though I knew where it was).

I look forward to Beta 2.

Uh, we know how to use our computers, okay? The app had crashed. Yet it was still "working" to adjust parameters and rename stuff - so how was I supposed to know the ONE function it wouldn't perform was the new one in the firmware/software update?

And for the ONE person who couldn't find the function key, if you own & use a Mac for day-to-day stuff, you NEVER touch that. I've owned my Mac for 7 years and never touched it until yesterday (though I knew where it was).

I look forward to Beta 2.

Did you miss the winking emoticon, or just haven’t had your coffee yet, because your taking an innocent joke pretty seriously....

Did you miss the winking emoticon, or just haven’t had your coffee yet, because your taking an innocent joke pretty seriously....
The coffee one. :D

But it's just been an all-around frustration from the minute I booted back up after the update. When I posted that it didn't work, everyone kept referencing the posts that were already there which were obviously not working which was why I was asking for help. It seems for every person that's helpful, there is one that is snarky. Anyway, I'll relax. That comment just added insult to injury, is all.

The coffee one. :D

But it's just been an all-around frustration from the minute I booted back up after the update. When I posted that it didn't work, everyone kept referencing the posts that were already there which were obviously not working which was why I was asking for help. It seems for every person that's helpful, there is one that is snarky. Anyway, I'll relax. That comment just added insult to injury, is all.
I didn’t mean to give any offense with my snarkiness (and I didn’t take any offense either).

I’ve used Mac and PC since dinosaurs walked the earth and have forgotten that Fn key many times. F@$n is a good label for it.

Here’s a quick look at configuring the Perform tab for factory preset 124 - Delay Lead. This is killer. I can adjust gains, cab hi/low cut, and delay mix from one screen! It was super simple to setup. If you’re on a laptop, make sure you’re not in “fn” mode when you do this or you’ll just be changing your computer settings.

View attachment 55514

This is awesome!!!

NICE! I can see real value in this functionality.

A comment on my end: The "Edit" state is not indicating any changes to the preset (doesn't light up) on my rig when I add, change, or delete settings, on either the Axe-Edit screen, or the Axe-Fx screen. It does seem to save the changed settings; they're still there, if I scroll away, then back, but the Edit screen isn't lighting when changes are made.

I've rebooted the computer & Axe-Fx with no change.

Back
Top Bottom