Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

Gasp! "The new Perform feature?" :D

Found it!

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Firmware 5.09 introduces the PERFORM tab found on the HOME screen of the Axe-Fx III. The PERFORM tab can be configured with up to 10 user-selected controls from any of the blocks found in the current preset (including CONTROLLERS and GLOBAL). Configuration of the PERFORM tab is done via Axe-Edit III. Allowable controls include rotary knobs, push-buttons, drop-downs, and toggle controls (e.g., on/off controls).

PERFORM controls are added via the editor from the block’s parameter view. The hotkey combination SHIFT + F1 through F10 are used to place the selected parameter control in the desired location.

PERFORM controls are removed via the editor through the use of the hotkey combination SHIFT+COMMAND (MAC) or SHIFT+CTRL (Windows) and pressing one of the F1 through F10 keys.

Adding or removing a PERFORM control will change the EDIT state of the preset. These settings are stored per-preset.Added USB Output Mapping to Setup > I/O > Audio. This allows routing USB channels 1,2 to Output 1 or Output 2 and channels 3,4 to Output 2 or Output 1.

Changed Cabinet, IR Player and Tone Match block IR windowing so that window length is proportional to IR length (rather than a constant window length).

Fixed Ring Mod block left/right slightly unbalanced.

FC: Further fix for startup timing issues.

FC: Fix Inc/Dec functions' upper limits defaulting to zero.

Fix learning of FC external pedals and switches in MIDI/Remote.

FC: Fix external switch polarity not showing correctly on the FC Controllers Remote page.​

Firmware 5.09 introduces the PERFORM tab found on the HOME screen of the Axe-Fx III. The PERFORM tab can be configured with up to 10 user-selected controls from any of the blocks found in the current preset (including CONTROLLERS and GLOBAL). Configuration of the PERFORM tab is done via Axe-Edit III. Allowable controls include rotary knobs, push-buttons, drop-downs, and toggle controls (e.g., on/off controls).

PERFORM controls are added via the editor from the block’s parameter view. The hotkeycombination SHIFT + F1 through F10 are used to place the selected parameter control in the desired location.

PERFORM controls are removed via the editor through the use of the hotkey combination SHIFT+COMMAND (MAC) or SHIFT+CTRL (Windows) and pressing one of the F1 through F10 keys.

Adding or removing a PERFORM control will change the EDIT state of the preset. These settings are stored per-preset.

Added USB Output Mapping to Setup > I/O > Audio. This allows routing USB channels 1,2 to Output 1 or Output 2 and channels 3,4 to Output 2 or Output 1.

Changed Cabinet, IR Player and Tone Match block IR windowing so that window length is proportional to IR length (rather than a constant window length).

FC: Fix external switch polarity not showing correctly on the FC Controllers Remote page.

--
WOW

Last edited:
So you could have say the standard Drive/B/M/T/Presence as the rotarys, and bunch of on/off controls from any existing block like boost, saturation, bright/cut, reverb hold, etc. And even be able to change something like the type of a drive, amp, reverb, etc? And this is per-preset??!!!?

I'd also guess that the Perform tab will display those 10 values so we can see just what we have in each preset...

Holy shnizzle!! If this is included in the FM3 my GAS level just increased significantly ;-)

I didn't even know I needed this feature! This is pretty cool. This will come in very handy at rehearsals. I never tweak stuff til I get home because it can be a pain, but this should fix that.

So you could have say the standard Drive/B/M/T/Presence as the rotarys, and bunch of on/off controls from any existing block like boost, saturation, bright/cut, reverb hold, etc. And even be able to change something like the type of a drive, amp, reverb, etc? And this is per-preset??!!!?

I'd also guess that the Perform tab will display those 10 values so we can see just what we have in each preset...

Holy shnizzle!! If this is included in the FM3 my GAS level just increased significantly ;-)

Agreed if this is going to be on the FM3 this should make the guys missing the 10 control knobs pretty happy heres 30 control knobs in 3 presets wow

I didn't even know I needed this feature! This is pretty cool. This will come in very handy at rehearsals. I never tweak stuff til I get home because it can be a pain, but this should fix that.

It very cool for live now you can have
Quick access to things like lo cut/hi cut. Boost on/off
Noise gate. Fx mix. Meters display

PERFORM controls are added via the editor from the block’s parameter view. The hotkeycombination SHIFT + F1 through F10 are used to place the selected parameter control in the desired location.

Adding or removing a PERFORM control will change the EDIT state of the preset. These settings are stored per-preset.

Added USB Output Mapping to Setup > I/O > Audio. This allows routing USB channels 1,2 to Output 1 or Output 2 and channels 3,4 to Output 2 or Output 1.

FC: Fix external switch polarity not showing correctly on the FC Controllers Remote page.

--
WOW

Before someone else asks
Chris could you possibly do a video of this when time permits

What the?!!!!!!!

My gosh.....I am scared to think of what else is in store. Simply incredible!

Back
Top Bottom