Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

Performance Screen:

It would be nice if the Performance Screen would be added to the MIDI/Remote > Other menu.
This would allow assigning a CC to it, enabling us to switch to that screen remotely.

Great idea! Playing live I tend to turn around to do a quick tweak and realise I have gone out of the Performance screen, so having to quickly navigate back whilst playing is a bit of a hair raising moment for me. Love this screen so much, I'm using it all the time.

Performance Screen:

It would be nice if the Performance Screen would be added to the MIDI/Remote > Other menu [edit: and FC menu].
This would allow assigning a CC to it, enabling us to switch to that screen remotely.

Agreed. Probably too much to ask, but if it could also be sensitive to which amp block and channel was on at any given time, it could allow (for example) one amp level knob to be used for up to 8 instances of amp.

TIP:

If you add Controllers > Tempo as the first control on the PERFORM screen, you'll always see the BPM of the preset when switching presets from your foot controller.

This is a great tip, thanks! Didn't remember we had the tempo control at the controllers page and tried to get it to work with the Tap Tempo button... didn't work obviously.

What's even better is to put Delay time on the first slot so you can see the Delay Time on the screen instead of Tempo. That's what's more interesting to me at least. You can put the Tempo on slot 2 to fine tune the Delay Time if needed. And still use tap tempo.

I have a pretty neat setup for delay usage atm (I'm a delay freak). I use 3 expression knobs and 1 expression pedal for delay (time, tape speed, feedback, mix) and phaser/rotary/tremolo speed. With the performance mode I have a total of 4 expression pedals and 8 knobs to turn on the fly. This is crazy good!! The whole setup is like this:

Performance mode:
[Delay time] - [Tempo] - [Delay tempo] - [Reverb mix] - [amp: master volume]

[amp:drive] - [amp:bass] - [amp:middle] - [amp:treble] - [amp:presence]

EXP 1: Delay mix on Tape delay and Delay level on Memory Man delay (set to slapback) or Rotary speed
EXP 2: Phaser/tremolo speed
EXP 3: Delay Tape speed on Tape Delay and Delay time on Memory Man. Vintage Delay uses Tap Tempo.
EXP 4: Delay Feedback on every Delay and Master Feedback on Tape Delay (for oscillations)

This way I can use 4 different delays with 4 totally different times, feedbacks and mixes with just one block. The Performance mode helps me to see the current Delay Time of the delay I'm using. How I love this unit...

Last edited:
quark said:
Performance Mode is great ... makes me wonder whether this could eventually morph into a Develop Mode where you can name, define, and call up different groups of 10 parameters (Amp Params, Drive Params, Reverb Params, Mixed Params, Perform 1 Parms, etc) . This would really be RAC12 like and would help when developing presets, especially when used in conjunction with the looper.
Easy, tiger. :)
Great - Ability to store Performance Mode Parameters as Blocks now allows various sets of 10 to be stored and called up as needed. Very useful and RAC12 like.

Back
Top Bottom