Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.07

Man, the amp channel switching is super fast now! I’ve always used a scene controller on the amp input gain to go from clean to dirty to avoid any gap issues going back to when I first got the Axe II back in 2013.
Just tried switching from the 5153 100 watt green channel to the blue channel and back again a few times. Super fast. I can finally ditch the scene controller on the amp input gain strategy.

Last edited:
Man, the amp channel switching is super fast now! I’ve always used a scene controller on the amp input gain to go from clean to dirty to avoid any gap issues going back to when I first got the Axe II back in 2013.
Just tried switching from the 5153 100 watt green channel to the blue channel and back again a few times. Super fast. I can finally ditch the scene controller on the amp input gain strategy.

This is a big deal IMO especially for the guys in line for FM3 that felt it need 2 amps to avoid the gap

This one is fantastic! Thank you!

FC: Added support for stand-in switches (assign external switches to perform a function assigned to an FC switch).

Man, the amp channel switching is super fast now!
I didn't notice how fast it switches until I got the FC-12 today. It feels faster than my Mess Mark V and sounds better because there is no pop due to watt changes in the channels.

This is a big deal IMO especially for the guys in line for FM3 that felt it need 2 amps to avoid the gap
It even changes presets pretty quickly. If I were a 1 preser per sound guy, this new switching would be totally fine.

How much do ya wanna bet that people will still complain about the gap being too long?
There will always be those type of people.

@FractalAudio thank you for implementing my cab block wish in the upcoming FW. I don’t want to be greedy, but back in January you mentioned adding a Sunn Model T to the amp arsenal. Just wondering if we’ll be seeing that one soon? It’s one of two amps I’m GASing for at the moment. And do you have the 90’s reissue or the vintage original?

Bishop, did you do this by assigning one switch with a tap to toggle between 2 amp channels?
thanks Gary

Bishop, did you do this by assigning one switch with a tap to toggle between 2 amp channels?
thanks Gary
No, I use scenes.
Example: Scene 1 is my Rhythm so I have the amp block set to channel B of the 5153 on Scene 1. On Scene 2 I want it to be the clean channel so on Scene 2 I set the amp block on channel A which is the green clean channel of the 5153.

@FractalAudio thank you for implementing my cab block wish in the upcoming FW. I don’t want to be greedy, but back in January you mentioned adding a Sunn Model T to the amp arsenal. Just wondering if we’ll be seeing that one soon? It’s one of two amps I’m GASing for at the moment. And do you have the 90’s reissue or the vintage original?

I’ve never played or even heard a Sunn Model T. How would you describe it ?

Love the sound of that Sunn amp. Hopefully it will be included some day.

I played a vintage one at full tilt through a MESA T/S 1x12 loaded with EVM12L briefly once in the late '80s.

The word 'loud' does not even begin to describe it without at least one expletive modifier, F-bombs preferred....

Good sounding amp, though. It belonged to our bassist....

Back
Top Bottom