Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.07

Has anyone reverted back to 5.06 and then tried 5.07 again? I did and after going back to 5.06 my unit wouldn't boot up. I had to use the emergency reboot power up sequence. Back on 5.07 now and everything is good. Just wondering if this was a fluke or a bug?

The boss is back, thanks Cliff!!
Shame no specific improvements on the AC30s

Hey! Just to follow up on this AC30 comment - I just wanted to share an amp/cab combo that I've been loving lately.

For my Gretsch Duo-Jet (with Dynasonic / DeArmond pickups), the AC20 Deluxe (EF86 Treble) with the 2x12 H30 cabs from the OwnHammer VC30 cab pack have been getting me Vox-style sounds that I've wanted but have failed to get for years.

If you're into Vox amps, you haven't tried that particular combination, and you're looking for something new, you might have a good time messing around with it while waiting around for whatever may come in future firmware updates.

Would that work for all four buttons or would you really only get to use two? Don't you need a cable for each button to plug into FC?
Each jack supports 2 switches via a single TRS cable. That switcher has 2 TRS jacks. So, 2 TRS cables, 2 TRS jacks, 4 switches.

Hey! Just to follow up on this AC30 comment - I just wanted to share an amp/cab combo that I've been loving lately.

For my Gretsch Duo-Jet (with Dynasonic / DeArmond pickups), the AC20 Deluxe (EF86 Treble) with the 2x12 H30 cabs from the OwnHammer VC30 cab pack have been getting me Vox-style sounds that I've wanted but have failed to get for years.

If you're into Vox amps, you haven't tried that particular combination, and you're looking for something new, you might have a good time messing around with it while waiting around for whatever may come in future firmware updates.

Larzzz, thanks for the tip. I will have to give that a try.

A couple of the amps I've built have EF86 inputs, including this one:
20190322_095309.jpg

The VZA Simone amp pictured above has a 5E3 tweed Deluxe channel (two inputs and V/T/V controls) and an EF86 channel that borrows Vox and Orange bits (gotta love that 6-way bass-trim switch--way more choices than 'normal' and 'brilliant'), running through cathode-biased 6CA7 beam tetrodes. :)

Speaking of the 5E3 circuit, and not having MTFM (memorized the manual) yet (though I *have* RTFM), is there a faithful 5E3 model in the pile? One where you get to select which input you plugged into and still use all 3 knobs to get the "secret" 5E3 tones that Neil Young discovered ages ago and had his "Whizzer" unit designed to easily twiddle knobs into correct positions to achieve? The volume control of the unused "Mic" or "Normal" channel affects the tone of the guitar coming in through the "Instrument" or "Bright" channel due to the shared cathode cap/resistor in the two input triode circuits....

Last edited:
I don't know if i'm wrong or not but it's seems that the JVM channels feels very very fuzzy in comparaison with my real JVM amp ??
it's like there's so much input gain
what are your feels on this specific amp?

5.07 (release notes)
Improved Preset/Scene/Channel switching time.

Fixed wrong default Cathode Follower Compression values for Brit JVM and JS410 amp models.

Fixed AES/SPDIF input shifted by one bit causing clipping at -6 dBFS.

5.07 (release notes)
Improved Preset/Scene/Channel switching time.

Fixed wrong default Cathode Follower Compression values for Brit JVM and JS410 amp models.

Fixed AES/SPDIF input shifted by one bit causing clipping at -6 dBFS.
thanks but i read this note but i mean what do feel with your ears?

Last edited:
I made this video last night messing around with the stand in switch feature. I'm hoping that this will apply to the FM3 on it's own (I don't see switch inputs, only pedal) but maybe some of you can confirm. At the end of the video I mention plugging switches directly into the FM3 but this may not be the case.

does this "Improved Preset/Scene/Channel switching time." relate just to FC controllers and the switching time or is it a generic improvement?

I don't know if i'm wrong or not but it's seems that the JVM channels feels very very fuzzy in comparaison with my real JVM amp ??
it's like there's so much input gain
what are your feels on this specific amp?
It may depend on the rest of your setup, like guitar, amp, cabs. And I find most of tthe time I have to tweak the settings on the factory amps and presets.

Back
Top Bottom