Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.07

Thx, and if you have a stand in button configured, when you press that button does the scribble screen for the actual button update as if you were pressing it “in place”...?

What I mean is if you had a channel switching button in a layout on top left button, and a stand in switch assigned to do the same thing, would the screen update as if the top left button were physically being pressed (regardless of layout open at the time)?

Thx, and if you have a stand in button configured, when you press that button does the scribble screen for the actual button update as if you were pressing it “in place”...?

What I mean is if you had a channel switching button in a layout on top left button, and a stand in switch assigned to do the same thing, would the screen update as if the top left button were physically being pressed (regardless of layout open at the time)?
Yes. The stand in is a duplicate switch and the “real” switch reacts/reports at the same time.

Looking forward to trying the update out tomorrow. It's 12:51 am here, and I doubt the neighbors would like to hear it now.... :D

No wins for me in this firmware either but mega tip of the hat to Fractal and their relentless pursuit of excellence.

So I can turn my FC-12 into an FC-16 with no lights on 4 switches??? Muuuuuuahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
You will be mine... Now Obi-Wan's failure is complete...........

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you can only duplicate switches already assigned on the FC...?

You are correct, but, you can have those switches always assigned to the external ones, plus the 12 different switches of a given layout, so essentially up to 16 switches accessible at a given time

If the external switches are assigned to switches in a layout that isn't currently active, they'll still work? If so, that would be sweet.

If the external switches are assigned to switches in a layout that isn't currently active, they'll still work? If so, that would be sweet.

Yes, they are hard assigned to a given switch function, regardless of the layout selected on the FC, so you've basically got the ability to do things like always have a switch which will take you to scenes, presents, preset up/down etc, regardless of what anything else does on a given layout, so BIG boost is versatility for the FC's overall and its really huge for us FC-6 owners as we didn't always want to spare like 1/3rd of the switches on a given layout for things like preset up/down.

So I can turn my FC-12 into an FC-16 with no lights on 4 switches???
Not literally, because the externals are global, not preset or layout dependent. It seems that the way to think of these is like the F-switches on the AX8, but you have way more choices of what they can do.
Newkirk MM4B Four Button Momentary Remote Footswitch Pedal for Kemper Amp and other effects
https://reverb.com/item/16769016-ne...r-effects?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share
I like that the back two buttons are higher for ease of access.

If you have an FC-12, and you add 4 outboard switches, and you are in the woods, alone, and playing Smoke on the Water, and you step on switch #3 of your 4 outboard switch thingy.....does it do anything?

Back
Top Bottom