Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.06

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added USA JP IIC+ Green amp model (channel 1).

Fixed wrong internal transformer matching value for Friedman Small Box model.

Fixed popping when switching between channels/scenes/patches with very different block levels.

Fixed incorrect error message when updating USB firmware via Fractal-Bot.

Fixed Upper Limit on functions in the Bank category reverting to '51' on restart (regardless of bank size).

Fixed FC layout names getting clobbered if knob A is used to Nav while editing.

Fixed loading defaults squashing the version (and other dummy params) on the devices page.

Display Effect name for Effect functions on the Overrides page of Per-Preset FC Settings.

Configurable timeout for the notifications on the FC main LCD.

Updated FC function Effect->Channel Select to turn off the LED ring if the effect is bypased and Smart Bypass is enabled.

Added TEST ON and TEST OFF to CS MIDI for the FC.

A BIG THANK YOU for this...

Updated FC function Effect->Channel Select to turn off the LED ring if the effect is bypased and Smart Bypass is enabled.

Thanks!! Green Channel is not working. Is that a bug or in the works? Wasn't here in a few weeks so not sure whats up. Thanks!

Could only test it quickly but it seems okay.

The Green channel is much lower in volume than the other two, and that's putting it mildly. Something's wrong, or I'm doing something wrong. One of the two.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was an issue on my end.

Last edited:
The Green channel is much lower in volume than the other two, and that's putting it mildly. Something's wrong, or I'm doing something wrong. One of the two.
The USA Clean has always been that way also.... you have to Set the Level High...

Last edited:
No problems with JP Green here other than the fact that I'll have to pit it against USA Clean in my main preset to see which I like better. That's been my go to for cleans since I got an Axe-FX II (along with the Shiva). At the same settings, JP Green sounds a little brighter than USA Clean but further experimentation is order!

Back
Top Bottom