Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.05

I'm usually not one to beg for another channel, but I'd like this green channel too.

This amp is really a different beast and SO easy to dial in! It's the only Mesa I can get to sound great without a ton of tweaking, and together with the skull crusher, it really has turned my head quite a bit....
Ditto to all you just said! This amp and the Skull Crusher are my absolute favorites. Matter of fact I need to purge all my other presets and make do with these two models. I’ve reached sonic nirvana (for now).

Last edited:
On most of the amps the green channel is almost always pretty different, usually cuz it's meant to serve an entirely different purpose, so the character is totally different....this amp is no different from the looks of it....

Try getting the sound of a crunch channel from a clean channel, it is VERY different-the clean is more dynamic, more full, more 'thump'.

Again, it's designed with a different purpose so it sounds fundamentally different.

Yeah but it seems the volume compared to the other amps is a lot lower. I must admit I didn't mess with it or tweak it very much. Might need to do just that.
The yellow and red channels of amp does not clean up very well to the input gain reduction , it seems to me, nor is it meant to IMO....the green channel would be welcome.

CHANNEL 1 - DEDICATED TO CLEAN
Channel 1 is dedicated to Clean sounds and is optimized for the maximum headroom possible in the preamp section. Power section clip may be employed to attain some degree of overdrive in Channel 1, albeit at very high volumes due to the 100/60-watt rating of the JP-2C power section. Additional “drive” may be sought in the upper region of the MID control (above 12:00 noon) as the MID pot employed here is the same value and taper as our MID/BOOST control found on some of our newer MARK SERIES amplifiers. However, increased headroom in the preamp reduces the amount of overall “gain-boost” available as compared to our other amplifiers with this feature. This fact renders this more powerful MID control as just that… a MID that has increased range to add more midrange frequencies and a “cleaner” gain-boost into the mix.

Yeah but it seems the volume compared to the other amps is a lot lower. I must admit I didn't mess with it or tweak it very much. Might need to do just that.

Providing some context for my original comment:
Now even with all of these anecdotes, the USA Clean might not be the clean you want, but I'm not sure how different the JP2C Clean is. You might experience the same feeling if it's ever added. The USA Pre Green might be worth a shot. Personally, the Morgan AC20 is a great clean amp, imo.

I just didn't want the initial comment to come off as dismissive. I get the desire to have the complete set (I've been playing Pokemon games for 2 decades, trust me, I get it), but if it never comes, hopefully there are some good ideas above.

Now even with all of these anecdotes, the USA Clean might not be the clean you want, but I'm not sure how different the JP2C Clean is. You might experience the same feeling if it's ever added. The USA Pre Green might be worth a shot. Personally, the Morgan AC20 is a great clean amp, imo.

I just didn't want the initial comment to come off as dismissive. I get the desire to have the complete set (I've been playing Pokemon games for 2 decades, trust me, I get it), but if it never comes, hopefully there are some good ideas above.
Thank you for the insight Brian!

My go to clean always seems to be Band Commander.

@FractalAudio Hi Cliff Thanks for your hard work, May I ask some question about new JP IIc+model? Is Presence shift switch behave like Amp Presence pull? And I find fat switch build into this model am i right? Because It sound very different from 5.03 if I turn on fat switch.

@FractalAudio Hi Cliff Thanks for your hard work, May I ask some question about new JP IIc+model? Is Presence shift switch behave like Amp Presence pull? And I find fat switch build into this model am i right? Because It sound very different from 5.03 if I turn on fat switch.
Presence Shift is Presence pull. Tone stack effectively has fat switch on.

Back
Top Bottom