Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.05

Yep. I'm working long hours during the week and don't have much time to play as it is. Gotta make what I do count...
I hear that I don’t get enough time myself to really play as much as I want either...
There is so much to learn and because our house was wrecked from Hurricane Michael we’re living in an Rv in the driveway. So my studio is packed up and I pretty much pull out some of my equipment when we play a gig..
gotta keep rockin;):) :guitar:

I hear that I don’t get enough time myself to really play as much as I want either...
There is so much to learn and because our house was wrecked from Hurricane Michael we’re living in an Rv in the driveway. So my studio is packed up and I pretty much pull out some of my equipment when we play a gig..
gotta keep rockin;):) :guitar:

man, so sorry to hear that!! And there I am whining about not getting enough guitar time between 60 hr weeks and 4 kids... Reminds me how good I actually have it. Thanks for the lesson in humility.

man, so sorry to hear that!! And there I am whining about not getting enough guitar time between 60 hr weeks and 4 kids... Reminds me how good I actually have it. Thanks for the lesson in humility.
Hey it’s all good things will get better..
It is pretty funny as soon as I get a chance to up grade the fw there is a new one gotta laugh but I’m glad to see it..

Not to sound highly unappreciative but I was wondering if @FractalAudio has any plans to model the green channel of this fantastic amp? That would be absolutely perfect! The reason I'm asking is because of my current set up consisting of the following:
Channel A = USA Clean
Channel B = JP2C+ Yellow
Channel C = JP2C+ Red

When switching from channel A (USA Clean) to channel B (JP2C+ Yellow), there is a loud "pop" and I suspect it's because of switching different amps - anyone else experiencing this? I just figure if it's all the same relative amp model it may no longer be issue.

I used two separate amp blocks but haven't had a chance to play the newer configuration at full volume to see if it took care of the popping sound.

Thanks for giving us this stellar model Cliff, besides the Skull Crusher, this one is a beast!

Last edited:
Not sound highly unappreciative but I was wondering if @FractalAudio has any plans to model the green channel of this fantastic amp? That would be absolutely perfect! The reason I'm asking is because of my current set up consisting of the following:
Channel A = USA Clean
Channel B = JP2C+ Yellow
Channel C = JP2C+ Red

When switching from channel A (USA Clean) to channel B (JP2C+ Yellow), there is a loud "pop" and I suspect it's because of switching different amps - anyone else experiencing this? I just figure if it's all the same relative amp model it may no longer be issue.

I used two separate amp blocks but haven't had a chance to play the newer configuration at full volume to see if it took care of the popping sound.

Thanks for giving us this stellar model Cliff, besides the Skull Crusher, this one is a beast!

It shouldn't be popping, I do the same with the amp block and get no issues. USA clean, Friedman HBE, JP2C+ Red, Vox AC30. And then I use the 2nd amp block with another 3 models on each channel. No popping issues when switching backwards and forwards.

It shouldn't be popping, I do the same with the amp block and get no issues. USA clean, Friedman HBE, JP2C+ Red, Vox AC30. And then I use the 2nd amp block with another 3 models on each channel. No popping issues when switching backwards and forwards.
It might be that particular model, USA Clean, I have other patches set up and I don't have that issue at all. I'm going from a Jazz Chorus to the Skull Crusher, back and forth, with no issue (also on my Soldano patch), so I guess I'll do some more testing when I get home tonight.

It might be that particular model, USA Clean, I have other patches set up and I don't have that issue at all. I'm going from a Jazz Chorus to the Skull Crusher, back and forth, with no issue (also on my Soldano patch), so I guess I'll do some more testing when I get home tonight.

Yeah give it another go at a louder volume and see if that works. Is the USA clean vol set as loud as the other amp models?

Yeah give it another go at a louder volume and see if that works. Is the USA clean vol set as loud as the other amp models?
USA Clean is set louder (db volume wise +3 whereas the others are set to about -18) but on the output level meters (block OUT1), all amps are level set to about +0.0 db

Not sound highly unappreciative but I was wondering if @FractalAudio has any plans to model the green channel of this fantastic amp? That would be absolutely perfect! The reason I'm asking is because of my current set up consisting of the following:
Channel A = USA Clean
Channel B = JP2C+ Yellow
Channel C = JP2C+ Red

Post the preset.

Could it be the preset?
No sure. I'll recreate it from scratch, on another location and see if the issue goes away.

Software can be weird at times. I had an issue in Excel yesterday where only the value of "0" would NOT be displayed in the cell (only one cell out of the entire spreadsheet mind you) any other number entered was just fine. The fix? move the cell to another location and replace the "broken" cell with another one moved from another location.... WTF???

I will when I get home tonight Alexander.
I had this using the Jazz 120. The Difference in volume settings between clean and Crunch amps was the problem for me. The Jazz amp is really quiet compared to most heavy amps models in the AXE3 so I had to turn it up a lot and thats when I noticed the pop. I turned the Jazz amp down and it went away.

I had this using the Jazz 120. The Difference in volume settings between clean and Crunch amps was the problem for me. The Jazz amp is really quiet compared to most heavy amps models in the AXE3 so I had to turn it up a lot and thats when I noticed the pop. I turned the Jazz amp down and it went away.
I'll give this a try tonight as well.

I use the USA clean a lot and haven’t experienced this.

However someone else had a similar “pop” or “burst” of sound and I investigated. It seemed to be old settings in the Amp block. Read this post, it might solve your problem: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ching-patches-with-fc-12.149317/#post-1772126

I use the USA clean a lot and haven’t experienced this.

However someone else had a similar “pop” or “burst” of sound and I investigated. It seemed to be old settings in the Amp block. Read this post, it might solve your problem: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ching-patches-with-fc-12.149317/#post-1772126
Chris, thanks for the information. I performed a 'Ctrl+I" to initialize the block and did a soft reset. I'll give what you suggested a try as well. Is that function available in AxeEdit or just on the HW? I'm away from home presently.

Chris, thanks for the information. I performed a 'Ctrl+I" to initialize the block and did a soft reset. I'll give what you suggested a try as well. Is that function available in AxeEdit or just on the HW? I'm away from home presently.
“Soft reset” just means choose another amp type, then choose the one you want. It’s a manually performed thing. Initialize block achieves the same result and more so you’ve already done that I guess.

“Soft reset” just means choose another amp type, then choose the one you want. It’s a manually performed thing. Initialize block achieves the same result and more so you’ve already done that I guess.
I'll post a preset when I get home

Back
Top Bottom