Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.05

For those amps that have "Input Driver" and "Overdrive", the "Overdrive" parameter is not present in the amp's advanced tab, the "Input Trim" is there twice (at 7 rows distance).
Also for JP2C amps it's quite cumbersome to switch "Presence Shift" ON/Off if you use tone control display set to "Ideal". (Presence Shift toggle is not present in the advanced tab)
All these using the AxeFx front panel, not Axe-Edit.

Really enjoying yellow mode. I went ahead and shot a JP inspired IR using my Mesa 212 with V30's, an SM7 and a 121 if anyone wants to try it.

I can really hear that you're enjoying that mode... some great riffing and shredding in this clip! Nice!

How different is the JP2C Sim to the regular IIC+ amps? Just a different flavour?

I'm still on the II at the moment but with some of the latest updates I've really started considering the upgrade. The JP2C just might clinch it...

Man this JP IIc is ridiculously quick to dial in. Drop bass and mids, treble to 7, eq to a “V” and gain to taste. Fantastic.

How different is the JP2C Sim to the regular IIC+ amps? Just a different flavour?

I'm still on the II at the moment but with some of the latest updates I've really started considering the upgrade. The JP2C just might clinch it...

It's very....hairy....much like petrucci himself now that I think about it :p

It has a lot of cojones.....not like the other Mesas, but definitely of the same lineage

Very 'big' and 'open' sounding, yet tight and chunky....it's like.....picture a harley coming down the street.....before you even see it, you know what it is and what it looks like.....this is a big muscle bound harley amp

It has a lot of cojones.....not like the other Mesas, but definitely of the same lineage

Very 'big' and 'open' sounding, yet tight and chunky....it's like.....picture a harley coming down the street.....before you even see it, you know what it is and what it looks like.....this is a big muscle bound harley amp

Or as JP would say... like standing on top of a mountain?

Yup, it’s got “big guns”, just like Petrucci. :cool:

it has not made exactly clear by Cliff what model this really is, very possibly a non-JP signature, but a personal IIC+ of JP...would love to see a pic.....!

NOTE: To emulate the “Shred” mode turn the High Treble control to approximately 3-4 dB (or adjust to taste, you are not limited by a single switch).

This reference to "Shred Mode" would be indicative that it is a JP2C model.

...BUT, aren't channels 2 and 3 in the JP model identical to each other?

They are VERY similar, but have their Input gain set differently. Channel 2 is slightly lower gain than Channel 3. On the JP2C, the pulling the Gain knob is similar to Channel 3 with the gain knob pushed.

Back
Top Bottom