Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.05

you missed the whole point about bots ;)

More and more I'm starting to suspect that "Cliff" is actually a brilliantly-written piece of AI code that has become self-aware and tireless in its pursuit of tonal bliss for the masses. I mean seriously, how many human people do you know that work this hard and release new software any time of day, any day of the week? :rolleyes:

Thanks, "Cliff"! :D

More and more I'm starting to suspect that "Cliff" is actually a brilliantly-written piece of AI code that has become self-aware and tireless in its pursuit of tonal bliss for the masses. I mean seriously, how many human people do you know that work this hard and release new software any time of day, any day of the week? :rolleyes:

The Cliffbot.....sounds about right....totally relentless machine!!! The Cliffinator!!

I don't think a piece of AI would be that dedicated.

In my teens I worked for Palmer Musical Instruments and Martin Schmitz was like that: if I had an issue with my amp on Sunday, he'd say "come by the shop. Bring beer" and fix it. He'd spend about 90% of his waking hours in the shop and tinker away, design new circuits, invent little helpers... and he'd always be up for a puzzle to solve

I get a similar vibe here.

I didn't think I would like the new JP amp too much because I'm not a huge Mesa fan but dang!!! Nice! Thanks again and again Cliff!

I've recently discovered more amps to be "stuck on" , with this last batch of FWs. I never bonded with the Friedmans in the past. I like to get heavy once in a while , but prefer amps with loads of dynamics , that will cover a lot of ground. Normally I gravitate to the old Marshalls.
I went back to the factory presets and rediscovered the 2018 C45 , and after adjusting the input drive and input trim ( to taste ) , a couple tweaks of the AUTHENTIC controls , and WOW. Fantastic. I want to try out the others , but I'm not ready to move on yet.
It's got me playing Drop Dead Legs , All Night Long. LOL.
Thank you Cliff.

Edit : just added the JP IIC+ to one of my channels with the C45 preset I've been using. Nice. I had the amps "tacked" at first , and was initially not impressed. Once I got on the Authentic controls and gave her some Treble and Presence , ..... ZING ! Treble knob on this beast - kinda runs the show IMO And the presence shift ....... sweet. I'm pretty sure I can shave some time off my riffs with this amp too. I'm playing thru a Gibson R0 - BTW. Every amp sounds and responds so differently to each guitar , I figured I'd mention it. Nothing shy of - amazing.

Last edited:
I've recently discovered more amps to be "stuck on" , with this last batch of FWs. I never bonded with the Friedmans in the past. I like to get heavy once in a while , but prefer amps with loads of dynamics , that will cover a lot of ground. Normally I gravitate to the old Marshalls.
I went back to the factory presets and rediscovered the 2018 C45 , and after adjusting the input drive and input trim ( to taste ) , a couple tweaks of the AUTHENTIC controls , and WOW. Fantastic. I want to try out the others , but I'm not ready to move on yet.
It's got me playing Drop Dead Legs , All Night Long. LOL.
Thank you Cliff.

I agree I found that the amps have a lot more individual character since the last couple of updates
This JP2C is insane though w John settings it has sustain for days and awesome clarity and articulation

I agree on the Freidmans as well HBE c45 is awesome .

and one amp I always loved in real life but just could not gel w in the Axe was the SLO, now it has that roar and bite I remember..

The modelling seems to be getting noticeably better .. can't wait to see what else comes out of the lab

Thank you for the John Petrucci amp. The USA JP IIC+ Yellow is my favorite of the Mark series models by a mile. I found it the easiest to dial in also, it sounded pretty killer even before tweaking the 5 band EQ.

Thank you for the John Petrucci amp. The USA JP IIC+ Yellow is my favorite of the Mark series models by a mile. I found it the easiest to dial in also, it sounded pretty killer even before tweaking the 5 band EQ.
I do like it. But, is it me or is this amp really mid heavy?

Back
Top Bottom