Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.05

OK, so here are the presets, they are self-explanatory.
To fix the "pop" I used another amp in parallel, set the JP2C scene 1 amp to JP2C+ yellow but bypassed, while the USA Clean was active. Then for scene 2 I bypassed the USA Clean and selected the other amp - seemingly problem solved but I didn't want to use 2 amps.

The preset containing the offending pop uses the USA Clean in scene 1

Any ideas @yek ?

Attachments

• JP2-C (No Pop).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
  • JP2-C (Pop).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Just tried both - and I think I know what you mean but I wouldn't consider it a "pop" - as there is no sound in amp switching unless you are playing. With such a drastic change in amps I would think you would need to go with your fix ... if there is any sound being processed the change over from the clean to the gainy crunch or lead will result in that blast of sound - no different than switching amps in real life. I tried some other clean amps and noticed it as well - but it does appear it is worse with USA Clean. Interesting.

Just tried both - and I think I know what you mean but I wouldn't consider it a "pop" - as there is no sound in amp switching unless you are playing. With such a drastic change in amps I would think you would need to go with your fix ... if there is any sound being processed the change over from the clean to the gainy crunch or lead will result in that blast of sound - no different than switching amps in real life. I tried some other clean amps and noticed it as well - but it does appear it is worse with USA Clean. Interesting.
Yeah, the amp bypass version seems to work but part of the fix is I’m going back and forth with amps muted, not switched. The JP2C+ model is already on the yellow channel when the bypass is activated, I think that may be the key. Like I said, I really didn’t want to use 2 amp blocks but it does seem to work.

Already tried that, didn’t work.
Didn't work how?

If you are using a Mux properly to switch amps you would not be getting any unwanted sound when switching as nothing is turning on/off.

Probably something else changing between the scenes.

Didn't work how?

If you are using a Mux properly to switch amps you would not be getting any unwanted sound when switching as nothing is turning on/off.

Probably something else changing between the scenes.
Not sure how to use it incorrectly. I mean you plug it in and assign a row to a scene change right?

Not sure how to use it incorrectly. I mean you plug it in and assign a row to a scene change right?
Pretty much... But you also have BOTH blocks active all the time. You don't turn them on and off. The Mux just changes the signal flow.

So if you were doing that, then I don't think the Amp block can be the cause.

Pretty much... But you also have BOTH blocks active all the time. You don't turn them on and off. The Mux just changes the signal flow.

So if you were doing that, then I don't think the Amp block can be the cause.
That is exactly how I was using it, both blocks on and switching the MUX row with scene change.

That is exactly how I was using it, both blocks on and switching the MUX row with scene change.
If it were me, I would start disabling a block at a time (in both scenes) and see when it stops.

Or copy the preset and remove everything except Amps, Cab (assuming you're not changing channel on the Cab block or the in/out?), Mux and Input/Output. If it still persists then you have at least removed the alternatives.

Also, I assume both Amp blocks are on the same channel in each scene?

If it were me, I would start disabling a block at a time (in both scenes) and see when it stops.

Or copy the preset and remove everything except Amps, Cab (assuming you're not changing channel on the Cab block or the in/out?), Mux and Input/Output. If it still persists then you have at least removed the alternatives.

Also, I assume both Amp blocks are on the same channel in each scene?
Yes, both amp blocks on the same channel, different rows. Did you look at the preset? It’s simple

OK, so here are the presets, they are self-explanatory.
To fix the "pop" I used another amp in parallel, set the JP2C scene 1 amp to JP2C+ yellow but bypassed, while the USA Clean was active. Then for scene 2 I bypassed the USA Clean and selected the other amp - seemingly problem solved but I didn't want to use 2 amps.

The preset containing the offending pop uses the USA Clean in scene 1

Any ideas @yek ?

Not hearing a loud pop here, but there's a higher frequency "click" when switching to/from scene 3 (both presets). That's caused by the Delay block changing channels. That can happen when changing delay types.

I'm sure I'm going to the wrong place. But here's the move.
If I order the FC-12 pedal?
When will I receive?
When are you expected to receive it?
Thank you.
Or!
Where to find me?

Not hearing a loud pop here, but there's a higher frequency "click" when switching to/from scene 3 (both presets). That's caused by the Delay block changing channels. That can happen when changing delay types.
Thanks Alexander, I’ll look at that too. But I did notice the offending sound before I put the delay in the chain. Funny thing is, I have other presets where I’m going from extreme opposites, using channel switching, and not hearing it (same configuration type too), it was only noticeable to me when I used the USA Clean.

@FractalAudio

Usually play in studio with axeEdit open along with FC12 both attached to axfx3. Also 4 cc foot controllers.

After loading fw5.05, post boot, on Win10 surface pro4, very slow FC response (nearly 5 mins to load page 1) and axeEdit was even slower than previous instances by double perhaps triple latency.

Will try to reproduce again today. Very odd behavior. Was on factory preset 3 deluxe verb w/ minor mods iirc.

Anything specific to look for? Many TIA!

Not to sound highly unappreciative but I was wondering if @FractalAudio has any plans to model the green channel of this fantastic amp? That would be absolutely perfect! The reason I'm asking is because of my current set up consisting of the following:
Channel A = USA Clean
Channel B = JP2C+ Yellow
Channel C = JP2C+ Red

When switching from channel A (USA Clean) to channel B (JP2C+ Yellow), there is a loud "pop" and I suspect it's because of switching different amps - anyone else experiencing this? I just figure if it's all the same relative amp model it may no longer be issue.

I used two separate amp blocks but haven't had a chance to play the newer configuration at full volume to see if it took care of the popping sound.

Thanks for giving us this stellar model Cliff, besides the Skull Crusher, this one is a beast!
Can @FractalAudio chime in on this one? I would love to have this amp in the Axe-III it would just complete the set. It is supposed to be a pristine clean. I use the USA Pre Clean right now and it still has a bit of breakup.

I'm usually not one to beg for another channel, but I'd like this green channel too.

This amp is really a different beast and SO easy to dial in! It's the only Mesa I can get to sound great without a ton of tweaking, and together with the skull crusher, it really has turned my head quite a bit....

Back
Top Bottom