Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of everything... FW pulled. Thought I could take it for a spin before 3 week business trip... ¤£$?"!#¤%&

Looks like others have got the FW by just hooking the Axe III up to Fractal-Bot, and letting that promt the FW - Worth a try if you fancy taking the JP amp for a spin !
Personally I'll just wait for the next release

Looks like others have got the FW by just hooking the Axe III up to Fractal-Bot, and letting that promt the FW - Worth a try if you fancy taking the JP amp for a spin !
Personally I'll just wait for the next release

Yeah, just read that, but I sticking to what I got and see what FW number we are at when I am back in a few weeks :D

The JP IIC sounds awesome! Curious @FractalAudio I assume the pres shift is equal to the pull presence knob. (please correct me if I am wrong) You stated the input drive was at a set level which John does talk about when talking about the amp, but I am curious if when you modeled the channel if you had the gain pull activated? or if you had it pushed? What would we need to increase the input drive to to make it equivalent to the gain pulled? Hoping we get the crunch channel too!
Thanks for the awesome work!

Taken from the JP2C-Manual:

In Channel 2–the slightly lower gain "Crunch Rhythm Channel"–that offers the un-activated, pushed-in setting of about 6.0 (or 1:00)
and the activated PULL setting of 7 ¼ (or 2:15) or so.

In Channel 3–the hotter "Lead Channel"–it shakes out like this; an un-activated, pushed-in setting of approximately 7 ½ (or 2:30) and
the activated, PULL setting of 9.0 (or 4:00).

The JP IIC sounds awesome! Curious @FractalAudio I assume the pres shift is equal to the pull presence knob. (please correct me if I am wrong) You stated the input drive was at a set level which John does talk about when talking about the amp, but I am curious if when you modeled the channel if you had the gain pull activated? or if you had it pushed? What would we need to increase the input drive to to make it equivalent to the gain pulled? Hoping we get the crunch channel too!
Thanks for the awesome work!
Based on what Cliff said, the default settings of the amp model and what it says in the model, I would assume that what we have is the crunch channel. To mimic the lead channel, just add more gain with the input drive knob (located on the advanced page if you're running authentic tone controls).

Based on what Cliff said, the default settings of the amp model and what it says in the model, I would assume that what we have is the crunch channel. To mimic the lead channel, just add more gain with the input drive knob (located on the advanced page if you're running authentic tone controls).

Or vice versa if we have the lead. Channel with i think it is
Back off the Gain to 6 or 6.5 and thats your Crunch

It would be cool to have the shred mode switch too but that sounds like its just a boost to some of the upper freq perhaps like adding a tubescreamer

Can anyone who owns the amp verify whst Shred mode does?

Or vice versa if we have the lead. Channel with i think it is
Back off the Gain to 6 or 6.5 and thats your Crunch

It would be cool to have the shred mode switch too but that sounds like its just a boost to some of the upper freq perhaps like adding a tubescreamer

Can anyone who owns the amp verify whst Shred mode does?
In the manual, it says that the preset vol 1 setting (input drive in the Axe) for the rhythm channel with no pull gain is about 6. The model in the Axe has it set to 5.70. I guess that's close enough considering pot tapers etc. I assume it would be higher if it was the lead channel.

Pro product demos are a tough comparison. It’s in Mesa’s best interest to make the amp sound amazing and they spent more the a couple bucks recording that demo. I’d have felt different if you put an SM57 in front of your amp, played through it yourself, and it sounded like that!

You could however, see what the Axe sounds like into your amps power section as opposed to running into the front of the amp, and A/B them that way. There are of course more thourough and complicated ways if you have a load box, but that’s a good simple test.
Agreed 110%. I've been a believer for some time, but the real full reassuring proof for me was the other day with a Friedman BE 100 test. Loading down the head and running the head and the fractal sim thru the same IR, there was literally no difference whatsoever. Now, if you want to get Doug Rappoport or someone to make a video of the amp, that man (like Petrucci) can make your toaster sound better than anything you currently own. Its the whole point of their video, to sell that gear. Hardly a fair test at all. Still, in Freman's video I hear the sim is definitely of the same lineage and if the point was to get it the same as petruccis video, after some tweaking from there it can and would be incredibly close. Cant wait for this update!

Agreed 110%. I've been a believer for some time, but the real full reassuring proof for me was the other day with a Friedman BE 100 test. Loading down the head and running the head and the fractal sim thru the same IR, there was literally no difference whatsoever. Now, if you want to get Doug Rappoport or someone to make a video of the amp, that man (like Petrucci) can make your toaster sound better than anything you currently own. Its the whole point of their video, to sell that gear. Hardly a fair test at all. Still, in Freman's video I hear the sim is definitely of the same lineage and if the point was to get it the same as petruccis video, after some tweaking from there it can and would be incredibly close. Cant wait for this update!

The sim seems pretty versatile
The unscared tone i thought was pretty close so far from the clips BUT
He is using a JP Majesty w jp pickups and playing Dream Theatre riffs w Freenan LT were not
The guitar is a big part of that sound IMO

The sim seems pretty versatile
The unscared tone i thought was pretty close so far from the clips BUT
He is using a JP Majesty w jp pickups and playing Dream Theatre riffs w Freenan LT were not
The guitar is a big part of that sound IMO
Different production, different guitar, different IR or miced cabs, different players. its like saying "here's chocolate cake and here's some rum cake". They are both cake, yet still impossible comparisons to say which used better eggs or sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom