Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahah true... Plus, my screenshot capture software record audio in .wma 128 bits, which is far from ideal ;)
Well not to mention & probably worth a mention, (I would think) that you intent wasn’t really trying to nail any specific tone. At least that’s the way I took it. My expectations going into clicking play on your video considering the Firmware had just been released within an hour or two, (which doesn’t even account for the time you actually saw it & downloaded/installed it, lol) was that you were providing a general idea of what the new addition sounded like & was capable of. Certainly not to capture fine tuning nuances of the amps compression characteristics and the like, which obviously can be easily done & attained at a later point in time where time wasn’t of the essence. I for one appreciate the favor you were doing for those who couldn’t be at their units & play for themselves & were curious to hear it. It served that purpose perfectly. So, thank you.

The JP IIC sounds awesome! Curious @FractalAudio I assume the pres shift is equal to the pull presence knob. (please correct me if I am wrong) You stated the input drive was at a set level which John does talk about when talking about the amp, but I am curious if when you modeled the channel if you had the gain pull activated? or if you had it pushed? What would we need to increase the input drive to to make it equivalent to the gain pulled? Hoping we get the crunch channel too!
Thanks for the awesome work!

FWIW - I have the same amp and the matching cab and I don't love those settings as-is for a sound-a-like.
They needed a bit of tweaking to work for me.

Remember his guitar has not the most common pups in it, so you may find those settings don't sound as great as you hop in the AF3 model.

Don't freak out! They are a good starting point for his sound for sure, but its not instant perfect... unless of course you have the EBMM JP guitar too.

And his fingers....

Well not to mention & probably worth a mention, (I would think) that you intent wasn’t really trying to nail any specific tone. At least that’s the way I took it. My expectations going into clicking play on your video considering the Firmware had just been released within an hour or two, (which doesn’t even account for the time you actually saw it & downloaded/installed it, lol) was that you were providing a general idea of what the new addition sounded like & was capable of. Certainly not to capture fine tuning nuances of the amps compression characteristics and the like, which obviously can be easily done & attained at a later point in time where time wasn’t of the essence. I for one appreciate the favor you were doing for those who couldn’t be at their units & play for themselves & were curious to hear it. It served that purpose perfectly. So, thank you.
You're welcome ! Yes, that was my intent. I had installed the firmware litterally 2 minutes before shooting the video

it’s like if there was a recall on beef or something, plenty of people ate it and are fine, maybe the issue wasn’t even the beef, but would you really want to risk it? Or do you throw it out and go buy fresh beef tomorrow ?

Waste $5 chucking out some meat that likely is fine or have food poising for 3 days ? I know what choice I make

Same thing with a firmware issue, maybe isn’t the firmware, people have it working great, but is having one new amp model a day earlier worth the hassle of a bricked unit ?
Yes! Moreover, I would rather play than eat, jump in a fire because my friends are too, run with scissors, and look into the eyes of the sun...’cause Momma that’s where the fun is

That sounds great playing a RG with Dimarzio Gravity Storm pups. Thank you for sharing

Tip: adding a pre-amp on the CAB block gives a tone that is closer to Pettruccio's video

Type = FET II, Mode = High Q, Drive = 5 (right before the VU goes red), Saturation = 1.75

PS: I could only load 5.03 after 2 failed attempts with Fractal-Bot. There is something wrong with Fractal-Bot auto-update feature. I've never had issues when downloading the firmware file to the hard drive.

Last edited:
Guys... I really can't get over how great this new amp sounds. I've been playing so much since dialing it in. I even busted out my JP13 7 which I haven't plugged in in a year or two! It very much reminds me of playing my Mark V through my oversized recto 4x12 a few years ago. Sounds just killer. Gonna need to rebuild my live setup based around this amp.

What clean amp compliments this best?

Thanks for adding the amp, @FractalAudio :)

Guys... I really can't get over how great this new amp sounds. I've been playing so much since dialing it in. I even busted out my JP13 7 which I haven't plugged in in a year or two! It very much reminds me of playing my Mark V through my oversized recto 4x12 a few years ago. Sounds just killer. Gonna need to rebuild my live setup based around this amp.

The USA Clean is great if you want sparkly crystal cleans

Give the JC 120 a try, otherwise USA clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom