Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, there are 2 reported issues now, one of which the bricks the Axe.

I am one of them and I am still using 5.03 even though in trying to adjust the FC-6 screen brightness I lost the main display....so I am using it a bit blind as to what patch I am on but it is working flawlessly otherwise.

I suspect in coding something ...they messed up something else...probably fixed shortly...fingers crossed.

Yes - this is basically what I was saying. The firmware may or may not be the cause of this problem...

And since all of the people with that issue reported that it FAILED to load, then the firmware itself really can't be the problem, because it's not loaded.

I downloaded 5.03 from this threads link and used Fractal bot to install and it installed just fine.

As I recall, only 2 people reported the FC issue as well. Either way, I'm waiting.
Whether it was 2 or 200 isn't relevant to my point that it is a confirmed bug by Fractal.

The other probably IS a problem, but it isn't yet confirmed and (I suspect) may not actually be related to the firmware itself. I'm sure we'll know soon enough.

it’s like if there was a recall on beef or something, plenty of people ate it and are fine, maybe the issue wasn’t even the beef, but would you really want to risk it? Or do you throw it out and go buy fresh beef tomorrow ?

Waste $5 chucking out some meat that likely is fine or have food poising for 3 days ? I know what choice I make

Same thing with a firmware issue, maybe isn’t the firmware, people have it working great, but is having one new amp model a day earlier worth the hassle of a bricked unit ?

Reactions: jon
it’s like if there was a recall on beef or something, plenty of people ate it and are fine, maybe the issue wasn’t even the beef, but would you really want to risk it? Or do you throw it out and go buy fresh beef tomorrow ?

Waste $5 chucking out some meat that likely is fine or have food poising for 3 days ? I know what choice I make

Same thing with a firmware issue, maybe isn’t the firmware, people have it working great, but is having one new amp model a day earlier worth the hassle of a bricked unit ?
Of the people I've seen report the bricked unit, I'm not sure if they already knew the firmware was pulled and loaded it anyway, or if they just updated because FractalBot suggested it.

Of the people I've seen report the bricked unit, I'm not sure if they already knew the firmware was pulled and loaded it anyway, or if they just updated because FractalBot suggested it.

Could totally be an issue of people not knowing, and who would, unless your reading this thread.

Thing is though, I’ve alteady had people ask me if I happened to DL it yesterday and if I could send it to them, and that is what I think is kind of silly, asking to knowing get a copy of a FW which Cliff pulled and still put it on your machine

Great playing and great tone @unscarred!

My 2 cents, turn the amp gain down just a hair... I can hear your nuance better if there isn't as much fizzy hair on it.
It's already got grind and girth to spare.

I downloaded it from this thread well before it was pulled...there were only 3-4 replies to this thread when I updated...

Question: I updated with the download link yesterday before the bug was known. I did not seem to have an issue as it updated successfully and rebooted with no issues. I am using an FC12. Should I disconnect the F12 until the update is available? Roll back to 5.02? Just shut the unit down and wait for the update? @FractalAudio?

Question: I updated with the download link yesterday before the bug was known. I did not seem to have an issue as it updated successfully and rebooted with no issues. I am using an FC12. Should I disconnect the F12 until the update is available? Roll back to 5.02? Just shut the unit down and wait for the update? @FractalAudio?
The issue with the FCs seems to only affect the display if you adjust the brightness.

I'd personally probably roll back or leave the FC disconnected... But that's just me :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll wait.

Ive just spent the last hour jamming away after I worked out how to feed a drum loop from my PC into the USB audio block input and then into the looper block. That's going to remove the need for any additional looper hardware for me, I can now record a drum loop from EZdrummer and jam away after adding a bass and organ sounds from my AXE FX patches. Might even work out a way to add a Microphone to input 2 and add vocals, Cool! I don't want to stop that with a bricked unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom