Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd not install 5.03 just yet, wait for the 5.04 which will address the bug

Pretty sure it will be up VERY soon, just go make a coffee before you hit F5 LOL

Fractalbot still seems to download the firmware. But my last 5 attempts with 5.0x using the auto download feature results in the firmware upload to the Axe crashing after getting about 10% in. I have to download to local hard drive from the forum. I’m using Windows 7 with Axe3.

I'd not install 5.03 just yet, wait for the 5.04 which will address the bug

Pretty sure it will be up VERY soon, just go make a coffee before you hit F5 LOL

Indeed, if Cliff felt he needed to the pull the firmware, I can't see wanting to go and install it. He pulled it for a reason after all.... If it was a small bug, he would of left it and simply came out with the update, but as it seems to have the potential to have at least an issue with the FC's, he must of felt it was best to have people wait.

So as such, if Cliff says "hey, wait til I fix this for you", I for one would say "you got it boss, you know better than any of us"

Indeed, if Cliff felt he needed to the pull the firmware, I can't see wanting to go and install it. He pulled it for a reason after all.... If it was a small bug, he would of left it and simply came out with the update, but as it seems to have the potential to have at least an issue with the FC's, he must of felt it was best to have people wait.

So as such, if Cliff says "hey, wait til I fix this for you", I for one would say "you got it boss, you know better than any of us"

See, I wouldn't have downloaded it if Fractalbot hadn't advertised it. Now my Axe is currently bricked. Tried various recovery methods multiple times now.

I think if anyone from FAS is reading this they should take it off FractalBot too for now....just to avoid any problems...

Apparently, there are 2 reported issues now, one of which the bricks the Axe.
Let me re-phrase then: the confirmed issue does not affect the Axe Fx.

There may be a second issue, but I have so far seen no confirmation from Fractal of the cause and two people (I think) reporting this issue.

The reported issue doesn't affect the Axe Fx, only the FCs...

Still though, if Cliff thought it best to pull it, wouldn't it be better to wait for another day til he feels it time to put it back up ? Maybe it will be fine, probably is, BUT, if something does get bricked, and they say "why did you install this, we pulled it from the page" and you say "I couldn't wait another day, I had a buddy email a copy of the file".... who's fault is that right ?

There may be a second issue, but I have so far seen no confirmation from Fractal of the cause and two people (I think) reporting this issue.
As I recall, only 2 people reported the FC issue as well. Either way, I'm waiting.

And to add to @unix-guy post, There is a possibility that downloading using Fractal Bot is the culprit for the other complaints. I have had issues with downloading firmware using it, such as download stops or aborts before finishing or after download completes, My AXE won't boot. Re-loading the latest firmware downloaded directly from the Forum post or a previous version install fixes the issue.

FWIW - I have the same amp and the matching cab and I don't love those settings as-is for a sound-a-like.
They needed a bit of tweaking to work for me.

Remember his guitar has not the most common pups in it, so you may find those settings don't sound as great as you hop in the AF3 model.

Don't freak out! They are a good starting point for his sound for sure, but its not instant perfect... unless of course you have the EBMM JP guitar too.

And to add to @unix-guy post, There is a possibility that downloading using Fractal Bot is the culprit for the other complaints. I have had issues with downloading firmware using it, such as download stops or aborts before finishing or after download completes, My AXE won't boot. Re-loading the latest firmware downloaded directly from the Forum post or a previous version install fixes the issue.
Yes - this is basically what I was saying. The firmware may or may not be the cause of this problem...

And since all of the people with that issue reported that it FAILED to load, then the firmware itself really can't be the problem, because it's not loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom