Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Fractal Bot is toiling away as we speak - I'm super excited to try the JP IIC+, the real JP2C is a very special amp indeed.

Update: The JP IIC+ feels very different to the existing IIC+ models. Like Petrucci's rigs all do, it seems very dark, but I imagine at gig volume it would open right up. The low end on it is absolutely monstrous, in the best way!

Is anyone else having trouble getting Axe Edit to display the 'authentic' controls for the JP though? For some reason it's only showing me the 'ideal' options. I've tried the 'refresh after new FW' option but it doesn't seem to have solved it.

Last edited:
Update: The JP IIC+ feels very different to the existing IIC+ models. Like Petrucci's rigs all do, it seems very dark, but I imagine at gig volume it would open right up. The low end on it is absolutely monstrous, in the best way!

Is anyone else having trouble getting Axe Edit to display the 'authentic' controls for the JP though? For some reason it's only showing me the authentic options. I've tried the 'refresh after new FW' option but it doesn't seem to have solved it.
..you mean its only showing you the Ideal options..I saw that as well, but I’m thinking that in this case, they may be the same...?

..you mean its only showing you the Ideal options..I saw that as well, but I’m thinking that in this case, they may be the same...?
That's right, apologies! I used the Axe FX's front panel to edit using authentic controls and they do seem to be different. The JP IIC+ controls on the Axe's front panel included Presence Shift, which the Axe Edit version doesn't seem to have, even in the Power Amp section of controls?

Great news – just in time for the jam session tonight!

Is the JP IIC+ Red model based off of the JP2C or one of John's original IIC+ amps? If it is based off of the JP2C, could we have a model with Shred mode engaged? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Regardless, I'm hyped to play the new model! Thanks!

Great news – just in time for the jam session tonight!

Is the JP IIC+ Red model based off of the JP2C or one of John's original IIC+ amps? If it is based off of the JP2C, could we have a model with Shred mode engaged? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Regardless, I'm hyped to play the new model! Thanks!
Ooh, a model with Shred engaged would be awesome! I'm hoping there's more JP models to come than just this one, but we'll find out eventually!

Well this model sounds super good!

A minor bug: resetting the new JP amp from the front panel and the input gain defaults to 5.70 IIRC. I haven't tested if this affects other amp models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom