Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.02

634bce1b71598aee213035a6cc63d3f879d11a8cb7ce4f93651b4266f7873035-big.jpg

Has anyone had any issues updating from beta 5?
Would like to update before the weekend gig but have no time to tweak my many gigging presets.

Sweet well I’ll have to dig my computer out of storage and update my Axe fx iii again.
Man you guys are awesome with all of these updates :D
Just want to say Thanks :)

Usually I don't hesitate to update, but I suffer from tendinitis since a few days (painful right forearm and thumb) and I have my big show of the year this Saturday, with my Tribute to Pink Floyd project, and final rehearsal tonight (it's the morning here). So, if the presets (21 x 8 to 8 scenes) are messed up, I'll need to update them and due to my condition it's not the right time. Question to all users : do you generally feel that you add to redo your presets or not, and specially the volume of some compared to others ? If the relative level of the presets/scenes is not affected, I'll be OK with fine tuning what needs to be. I worked a lot on the relative levels over the last weeks in rehearsals...

Usually I don't hesitate to update, but I suffer from tendinitis since a few days (painful right forearm and thumb) and I have my big show of the year this Saturday, with my Tribute to Pink Floyd project, and final rehearsal tonight (it's the morning here). So, if the presets (21 x 8 to 8 scenes) are messed up, I'll need to update them and due to my condition it's not the right time. Question to all users : do you generally feel that you add to redo your presets or not, and specially the volume of some compared to others ? If the relative level of the presets/scenes is not affected, I'll be OK with fine tuning what needs to be. I worked a lot on the relative levels over the last weeks in rehearsals...
amps can be pretty different. i wouldn't update if you have shows soon. just my opinion.

I say that about most updates though.

Last edited:
The Improved Scene/Channel change logic is tempting though ;) I can always roll back too. The worst thing that could happen is bricking my Axe while updating. Decisions...

After updating some of the presets sounded great while others such as in Austin Buddy’s Naked Amp pack sounded different... more treble and a bit more harsh with less low end. Reloading preset again and rebooting helped some but I suspect it may related to Ciff mentioning...
NOTE: Due to the new algorithms several amp block parameters are reset to default values when loading old presets. Included in these parameters is Preamp Bias Excursion. If you had altered this parameter in a preset note that it will be reset and you may want to readjust it.

Hmmm I'm not very reasonable, but I couldn't wait, so I updated, and no bad surprise, far from that ! I'm playing with caution because of the pain, but I managed to check all my Pink Floyd presets and update them - only slight volume adjustments, I didn't touch a single tonestack once. So 5.02 it is for the show :) and yes, the Improved Scene/Channel change logic really helps me there :cool:

Hmmm I'm not very reasonable, but I couldn't wait, so I updated, and no bad surprise, far from that ! I'm playing with caution because of the pain, but I managed to check all my Pink Floyd presets and update them - only slight volume adjustments, I didn't touch a single tonestack once. So 5.02 it is for the show :) and yes, the Improved Scene/Channel change logic really helps me there :cool:
What amps models do you use in those presets>?

Back
Top Bottom