Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.02

Looks like the CF Compression % came down on the Diesel Blue.. I could have sworn it was in the 80’s prior to this FW.

Thanks!
I just saw Cliffs reply and now I know that's normal. I didn't noticed the sound on the other amps.
I've redone my VH4 patches which sounds great again, much higher master on the VH and a different cab IR.

Took a a couple of 15 min bluesy breaks from getting ready for my drum lesson to take 5.00’s Tiny Terrier (Factory Preset 117) for a spin, first, using my D’marzio loaded Strat (Andy Timmons AT100 and two Cruiser PU’s), and then using my Bonamassa ES-355. I never played through the real amp, but you could not tell I was playing through a modeler. Not at all. The Axe-FX III, like it’s predecessors, just keeps on getting better and better. Thanks Mr. Chase!!! I’ll be up all night (after my lesson that is). ;)

Last edited:
Congrats!
Quick question, Cliff-
Now that there is quite an improvement and change in the modeling architecture, do you feel that the Factory Presets still sound as you intended, or is there an updated Version of the Factory presets required at this point?

Can you give the official word in regards to the "Compatibility" of the new FW to pre 5 Presets in general?

From the release notes you only mention a single parameter that has been changed and therefore reset, but how does the whole structure relate now to the Presets made on older FW?
What tone differences are expected in pre 5 Presets under 5 and how ti deal with it?
Thanks.

Thank you, I just make a new preset and video with this new firmware. You can find it on "recordings"
As usual Is necessary to reset amp and drive blocks to appreciate the new modifications,
They are very impressive!!

When you say "Reset" amp and drive blocks, do you mean reset in all presets..? That means all presets are gone in a sense since a;l the dialing is gone.
Am i understanding correctly?

When you say "Reset" amp and drive blocks, do you mean reset in all presets..? That means all presets are gone in a sense since a;l the dialing is gone.
Am i understanding correctly?
The presets work how they worked before except with the changes outlined in the release notes.

Play your preset. Does it sound good? You decide. If not, you have the option to reset the amp block and redial.

The answer to the question is if you think it sounds good. We can not determine that.

The presets work how they worked before except with the changes outlined in the release notes.

Play your preset. Does it sound good? You decide. If not, you have the option to reset the amp block and redial.

The answer to the question is if you think it sounds good. We can not determine that.

They always sound pretty good, but since all the FW updates are about better id like to know how to approach it to make it sound the best the new FW has to offer... heck, on a good day i make a Samick amp sound good;-)

Usually I do this: save the preset in a new location and work on it. I reset amp block and search my sound
Than I compare new with old.
In this case the difference is a nice surprise:)
Thanks. I guess its cleaner to erase memory and start from scratch, unless there is a very intricate effect chain, otherwise it seems to be quite a headache.
Ill just start from scratch with a few Amps i like...

I have a different issue, I have noticed that the stereo spread parameter on the chorus and the reverb (as well as a few other parameters on the reverb) from my one "live" preset that I use have changed. I have loaded the firmware a couple of time and reset all the blocks and updated parameters ect. The way to get the sound back to "normal" is to save the preset on 4.3 (or anything but 5.0 release or 5.3 beta) and load that preset and save it, then everything is back to normal. If you load the 5.2 preset its normal (chorus and reverb) load the 5.3 preset its goofy. Of course I can work around it, just wondering why those parameters changed with 5.3 beta and 5.0 release. Thanks

Attachments

• TICK LIVE beta 5.2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
  • TICK LIVE 5.3 beta.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom