Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.02

Sounds great! Liking the changes to the envelope controller. Makes my synth-like patches sound slightly different but better.
Could my imagination, but the synth block seems to track a little better?

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/5p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_5p00.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Completely new Amp block cathode follower algorithm yielding more accurate results. The “Ideal” cathode follower type is no longer supported as it is incompatible and has been removed from the GUI. The Cathode Follower Time and Ratio parameters have also been removed as they are no longer applicable. A “Grid Clipping” parameter has been added which allows the user to adjust the grid clipping in the cathode follower. Lower values reflect the softer response of classic British and American tubes like Mullard, Sylvania and RCA. Higher values simulate the response of modern Chinese and Russian tubes with more abrupt clipping.

Updated various Amp block parameters related to new cathode follower algorithm. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new values.

Added AES/SPDIF Input Level control. This is located in the I/O->USB/AES menu. NOTE: this parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to adjust to the desired level if using the AES or SPDIF inputs.

Added Treble Booster and Mid Booster boost types to Amp block.

Improved Scene/Channel change logic. Only the wet data is muted when changing scenes and channels now leaving the dry data intact which results in smoother transitions.

Changed Control block Envelope Follower behavior so that when the signal exceeds the threshold the control value starts at zero rather than jumping to the threshold value.

Fixed wrong bass pot taper in Friedman Small Box model.

Fix FC per-preset corruption with some presets.

NOTE: Due to the new algorithms several amp block parameters are reset to default values when loading old presets. Included in these parameters is Preamp Bias Excursion. If you had altered this parameter in a preset note that it will be reset and you may want to readjust it.
Thank you! Does it boot up faster now or is it just me?

Thanks as always. I'll be loading this up very soon.

Question on this, since I have a few effects based on the Envelope Controller:

Does this mean if Threshold was set at -40, that it would previously set the control value to -40 instead of zero when engaging, giving an effective range of -40 - 10?
Hmm maybe it means “lowest value” rather than 0 nominal?

Thank you! Does it boot up faster now or is it just me?
Just you are booting up faster ;)

I use the VH4 a lot and it's something strange is with the bass.
Try for an example Dizzy VH Silver 3 and roll the bass-knob you will hear digital flutter.

I use the VH4 a lot and it's something strange is with the bass.
Try for an example Dizzy VH Silver 3 and roll the bass-knob you will hear digital flutter.
While you turn it? Or after you turn and are playing?

No need. Just use the Input EQ with High Cut at 8.5kHz or something.
Ah. So, downside to input EQ is you can't toggle off/on with a controller.

Edit: buuuut, I can move Output EQ to the input and toggle that.

Edit edit: but there's no gain on Output EQ. Can be overcome, but still: sigh.

Noise when I turn the knob, just the bass the other one is fine. The reason I'm asking is I can't get it to sound as good as before and it might be broken
While you turn it? Or after you turn and are playing?

Back
Top Bottom