Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.02

Anybody have an opinion on which high gain CF amp now sounds fullest and smoothest?
Well just about every high gain amp has a CF. And all I can say is that Herbert is hittin all the right boxes for me.. it always has, but it’s magical now. Either with V30’s or Greenbacks.
Channel 2+ with the Shimmer Drive or Shimmer Boost in front is pretty nice or just straight up Channel 3.

Well just about every high gain amp has a CF. And all I can say is that Herbert is hittin all the right boxes for me.. it always has, but it’s magical now. Either with V30’s or Greenbacks.

Thanks, neither the citrus 50 nor energy ball I am using are CF amps, I’ll give the Herbert a try.

Any others?

Cliff never sleeps. Good luck getting this kind of service from any music equipment company, automobile manufacturer, retail store, etc., etc., etc. I've been recreating all of my Axe-FX II presets on the III, and they sound so much better on the III. The firmware updates are making this unit even more amazing! We are truly lucky to be part of this technology innovation. Long live Cliff!!!

Sorry!
Maybe I'm asking stupidity?
Which is the real firmware?
Only 5.0?
Only 5.01?
Or? I need to install 5.0 afterwards 5.01?
Excuse me if I ask you stupidity.
I got up and there is a surprise of 5.01 in front of my eyes!
But!! Thanks for this huge work on behalf of AXE-FX III!
I haven't installed any of them yet!

Sorry!
Maybe I'm asking stupidity?
Which is the real firmware?
Only 5.0?
Only 5.01?
Or? I need to install 5.0 afterwards 5.01?
Excuse me if I ask you stupidity.
I got up and there is a surprise of 5.01 in front of my eyes!
But!! Thanks for this huge work on behalf of AXE-FX III!
I haven't installed any of them yet!

5.01. You can always install the latest version without installing previous versions.

[QUOTE = "rickboot, post: 1765998, címke: 8005"] 5.01. Mindig telepítheti egy verziót a korábbi verziók telepítését nélkül. [/ IDÉZET]
[QUOTE = "rickboot, post: 1765998, tag: 8005"] 5.01. Mindig telepítheti a legújabb verziót a korábbi verziók telepítése nélkül. [/ QUOTE]
Thanks!

If it sounds good, why reset?

These decisions are all up to the user. Duplicate the preset. Try things. Decide.

Not always the presets with old version sound in the same way.
If you remember the "motor drive" control was changed to "Speaker comp" in the latest version.
Speaker Comp works opposite to "Motor Drive" but the upgrade kept the knob control in the same position.
This affected a lot the sounds and a block reset was necessary in any case if you want to have the same sound.

Ciao

Is it normal that cathode follower ratio shows no value (and does nothing)? Is that a problem in the fw or is it just axe edit?

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-03-25 alle 11.43.44.png
    Schermata 2019-03-25 alle 11.43.44.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 26
Is it normal that cathode follower ratio shows no value (and does nothing)? Is that a problem in the fw or is it just axe edit?
That has been removed on this FW & replaced with a different parameter.. it’ll be up to date with the new AxeEdit release

Edit: Read the RELEASE NOTES at the beginning of this thread.

Ops, my bad! I had just updated AE so I'd assumed it was updated for A5, but I guess I had skipped an older update!

Yes. That’s when you change things.

People are asking “if it sounds good do I need to reset.” No. No you don’t.

Agree with you, but, let's do the question in a different way: after an update, before playing and listening all our preset, is it necessary to do the reset?
And please, don't answer "play and listen all the preset and decide if sounds good", 'cause isn't easy to find the time, after every update, to listen all our preset. :D

It's simple:

A - it's necessary
B - No, it's not
C - it's necessary only if specified on the release notes.

:grin:

Agree with you, but, let's do the question in a different way: after an update, before playing and listening all our preset, is it necessary to do the reset?
And please, don't answer "play and listen all the preset and decide if sounds good", 'cause isn't easy to find the time, after every update, to listen all our preset. :D

It's simple:

A - it's necessary
B - No, it's not
C - it's necessary only if specified on the release notes.

:grin:
D

Back
Top Bottom