• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.02

iaresee

Added Treble Booster and Mid Booster boost types to Amp block.
Thank you for these! Any chance we could get Micro Boost added to the list? I find myself using that always-on these days with my Bassman Bass presets. Would be nice to have that drive block freed up. Edit: at @yek's suggestion I tried input EQ with a high cut and that's close enough for me!

Changed Control block Envelope Follower behavior so that when the signal exceeds the threshold the control value starts at zero rather than jumping to the threshold value.
This change feels f'ing great with my Mu-Tron block. Feels like I have much more control over the envelope now. Thanks!

Last edited:

Semih Yanyali

Experienced
We don't have SDD in there yet, right? That would be my other choice... ;)
IMO SSD is almost all about the mild compression it adds, which can’t be replicated with boost in Amp Block. As far as i know / understand the boost in amp block is just an EQ curve and gain. Don’t think the SSD has too much of a different EQ curve than some other boost types...correct me if i am wrong.

unix-guy

Legend!
IMO SSD is almost all about the mild compression it adds, which can’t be replicated with boost in Amp Block. As far as i know / understand the boost in amp block is just an EQ curve and gain. Don’t think the SSD has too much of a different EQ curve than some other boost types...correct me if i am wrong.
I honestly don't know... It's magic to me :)

Top Bottom