Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go to the studio today and I just want to stay home and play. I played for a couple hours last night testing all the amp models and it was really fun. I was actually laughing at times when A/B'ing with the real amps because I kept guessing wrong. Some of the models sound better than the real amps, IMO.

The model absolutely sounds better in Leon's JTM45 clip.

If you click through, the description says the real amp is the second one. I think the model sounds better, personally.
Thanks, I don't have Soundcloud's app so I just clicked play here on the forum link.
I actually prefer the second take but it is also slightly higher in volume so..

5.0 beta installed here and it sounds great. Not sure how to describe it though. To my ears and hands, it feels tighter and crispier (as said above). Feels and sounds like the low end is less compressed. Love it!

@yek Could it possibly be the cab choice, for some reason no longer plays well with these amps? Because of the way my setup is, I use the same cab (Legacy 35) for all my live presets. Never had this issue before. Now the bass tone is too strong, very loose and blown speaker sounding. Very strange.
Post a preset. Fastest way to get specific help here.

@yek Could it possibly be the cab choice, for some reason no longer plays well with these amps? Because of the way my setup is, I use the same cab (Legacy 35) for all my live presets. Never had this issue before. Now the bass tone is too strong, very loose and blown speaker sounding. Very strange.
post some offending presets and we can help?

Thanks, I don't have Soundcloud's app so I just clicked play here on the forum link.
I actually prefer the second take but it is also slightly higher in volume so..

Gotcha, I'm on desktop. In any case, both sound great, and it's amazing how close they are.

I have to go to the studio today and I just want to stay home and play. I played for a couple hours last night testing all the amp models and it was really fun. I was actually laughing at times when A/B'ing with the real amps because I kept guessing wrong. Some of the models sound better than the real amps, IMO.

I've thought that a few firmwares back.

I wrote in another thread that I had to dial back Drive in my Band-Commander block after upgrading to fw 4.xx.

When I dig in, with Drive at 5 and everything else default, using my Tele, there’s some clipping in the lows. I can only assume that the real amp does this too at high volume (noon = loud).

Can’t be caused by the IR.

The Bass control works as expected.

I didn't post because they are untouched factory presets:
Factory Preset Bassguy
Factory preset Deluxe Tweed
Factory preset 5FB tweed to name 3.
Doesn't matter that you think it's untouched. Something is clearly up with the preset in your unit and seeing the contents of that file from your unit can help diagnose the problem. Please attach the preset.

What happens if you reload the preset from the latest factory preset bundle available on the website: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/1p0/AxeFX_3_Factory_Banks_v1p07.zip ?

I was pretty impressed with how close they are since all I did was set the knobs to the same position, but there's some subtle differences in gain and overall eq since my amp isn't the one modelled.

Yes, most of the pots have high tolerances, especially the log ones, so even two amps from the same production day are not identical.

But you almost got the real amp to sound as good as the model. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom