Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a very particular character that my old Recto has when you boost it and play percussive low power chords and djenty single notes (a sound I refer to as squanch) that is very prevalent in the Recto and 5153 in this FW. I chucked it onto an old demo in the clip below.

I also shot out the JTM45 model against the real thing.

This is so much fun!

I've been vibing on that riff for a while now and we just finished tracking drums for a song with a tweaked version of that to work better with vocals - I'll have to get around to recording an instrumental version of this riff though.

Killer stuff yep the Recto
Squanch is much more present now

Did you check ou JY new orange IR yet??

There's a very particular character that my old Recto has when you boost it and play percussive low power chords and djenty single notes (a sound I refer to as squanch) that is very prevalent in the Recto and 5153 in this FW. I chucked it onto an old demo in the clip below.

This is so much fun!

I've been vibing on that riff for a while now and we just finished tracking drums for a song with a tweaked version of that to work better with vocals - I'll have to get around to recording an instrumental version of this riff though.

Man, that JTM45 is beautiful!

Yes, Ive never waited to install a new FW gift more than a few minutes.,,,,I think lots of people sorta forget about the ease of rollback/backups.....but if you are a regular gigger dependent on your carefully tweaked set....I can see the concern of an early dive....
Those days are behind me, so lets rock the new!
Same here. Only got bitten once. That's about as close as I get to 'living on the edge' these days.

When A/B'ing, the difference I notice on low note chugs with the Recto models is that 4.03 sounds a bit crispy / crunchy compared to 5.00, which has a smoother / deeper quality. 4.03 is a bit thin compared to 5.00, which sounds a bit fuller. An improvement for sure.
I noticed that difference from 3.02 to 4.xx. 3.02 was fuller

This is so much fun!

Hey @2112, in that clip of the JTM45 model and the real amp, which is which? I'm guessing the Axe FX is the first one, and the real amp second, but I'd be glad to be wrong!

Love the sound of this update. My interest in a revised AX8 that can load the new firmware grows more and more.

Running out of superlatives, just when I think it sounds amazing - something else comes along.

Tried the Princeton, Jubilee and Boogie stuff so far - each much, much more responsive and refined.

And fallen back in love with a lady called Dirty Shirley, never got on much with the Friedmans before

Thank you

I have to go to the studio today and I just want to stay home and play. I played for a couple hours last night testing all the amp models and it was really fun. I was actually laughing at times when A/B'ing with the real amps because I kept guessing wrong. Some of the models sound better than the real amps, IMO.
Mad scientist laughing or just pure glee? HAHA!

Good ears. That crispy/crunchy is what real amps don't do. It bugged me for years. Real amps go "bong" not "bzzzzz". If you look at the waveform out of a cathode follower it's almost a triangle wave whereas the previous firmware was halfway between a triangle and square. I finally figured out what makes that triangle wave.

Thanks Cliff. This is finally setting it straight for all who insist that the model sounds identical to real amps for years and will shoot you if you dont agree.

So happy for the progress here. Cant wait for the day this anazing little box will replace my 10 ton of iron and Tubes!
Thanks so much for your hard work and belief Cliff. Your ahead of the curve!

I have to go to the studio today and I just want to stay home and play. I played for a couple hours last night testing all the amp models and it was really fun. I was actually laughing at times when A/B'ing with the real amps because I kept guessing wrong. Some of the models sound better than the real amps, IMO.

Shooting that far field IR pack you were talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom