Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's beta firmware. When the doctor clears me to lift more than 40 lbs I'll do it. Don't being a dick.
It sounded like you were saying that you would not look into it, period. Not trying to be a dick & I understand it is beta firmware which is why I was trying to report an issue. Also, I assume the Bandmaster and Tweed Deluxe are not over 40lbs. Fenders are the models I use the most so it's important to me.

It sounded like you were saying that you would not look into it, period. Not trying to be a dick & I understand it is beta firmware which is why I was trying to report an issue. Also, I assume the Bandmaster and Tweed Deluxe are not over 40lbs. Fenders are the models I use the most so it's important to me.
I just had knee surgery and neck surgery. I have a metal plate and four screws in my neck and you're barking orders at me. Lighten up.

I generally never use that 1 size fits all approach. I already did have the bass down around 2 before 5 beta. I know there are many ways to deal with too much bass but with all the recent "authentic" talk & implementation, it seems counter intuitive to have a model that can't be useable without going into advanced deep editing to get it out of the muck.

I never saw BMT as advanced deep editing parameters ... different strokes I guess?

And who said anything about one-sized anything. I was simply giving you the bass, mids, treble settings that work for me.

Thou protest too much.

I never saw BMT as advanced deep editing parameters ... different strokes I guess?

And who said anything about one-sized anything. I was simply giving you the bass, mids, treble settings that work for me.

Thou protest too much.
I never said BMT was an advanced parameter, at least not on the 59 bassman. It is on other amps. I said, as the 59 is in 5 beta, you would have to go beyond BMT to get any kind of useable sound out of it. I also said I already had the bass at 2.

Last edited:
Could you try the same thing with the 59 Bassman? That is the one, to my ears, that has way more bass than before. The Bandmaster & the Tweed Deluxe have a lot more bass too but not like the 59. Thanks!

A real 59 bassman does have a lot of bass. I have two of them.
I just checked the setting I use on my real 59 Bassman's live. It is bass = 0, treble = 10, middle = 10, presence = 4, bright volume = 6, normal volume = 2 (volumes are jumped). I use the same basic settings on the Axe FXIII.

I met Buddy Guy once and his settings for his 59 Bassman's were bass = 0, treble = 10, middle = 10, presence = 10, volumes = 10. (Buddy also had a preamp built into his guitar that boosted the volume a lot). He used two 59 Bassmans on 10 and a Marshall Plexi 100W half stack on 10. He almost ripped my head off, but he sounded great.

Last edited:
Well after losing almost my presets, I recreated this one and recorded something...
It's a sound I was looking for for ages....now it almost was too easy to create ;-)

Thanks Cliff for everything.
Despite probably needing and surely deserving a good rest, you keep up improving the AxeFx
Big hats of to you

I use that model and I adjusted it on 5.0b by using “magic 6” of bmt respectively 2,3, & 6. Using input as the gain control, appears to work well.

^^^ THIS ^^^

IMHO - If you're not using the Fender "magic 6" then your almost wasting your time .... My past experience w/ real Fenders would suggest that if you don't use this as your starting point, you'll always be disappointed with the sound. Fender's just sound like crap when they're dialed any other way ... !

Last edited:
Well after losing almost my presets, I recreated this one and recorded something...
It's a sound I was looking for for ages....now it almost was too easy to create ;-)

Thanks Cliff for everything.
Despite probably needing and surely deserving a good rest, you keep up improving the AxeFx
Big hats of to you

Very authentic sounding - which guitar and cab did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom