Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what ol’ Jack Burton says about that...

WOOT! It’s about goddanged time someone notices that! You should get a free shirt. Maybe the white muscle shirt with Fu Manchu on the front... thank you for noticing!

Best. Movie. Ever.

I'm the first to notice?! Man,
You know what ol’ Jack Burton says about that...

WOOT! It’s about goddanged time someone notices that! You should get a free shirt. Maybe the white muscle shirt with Fu Manchu on the front... thank you for noticing!

Best. Movie. Ever.

Relax, everyone.....I'm here.

Haha! Glad to know I'm not alone!

No, each block has wet signal and dry signal. For example in a delay the dry goes from the input to the output and gets added to the wet. Before both would mute. Now only the wet mutes. This allows the dry to continue uninterrupted while the wet gets muted, the various parameters get updated and then the wet unmuted.
Thanks for confirming. This is what I assumed based on the release notes.

I'm using ODS 100 clean and I cant seem to select Grinder on the input boost ....anyone else? just wont let me select it keeps going to shimmer...cant select super OD either

Nothing wrong, but the IR is indeed terrible in combination with the Solo amp model.

What are you using to monitor the III with?

I just quickly created the patch from scratch and randomly picked an IR. I was trying to demonstrate the Class-A amp level differences, but if Cliff says that is normal, then OK. It seems that when I added a Class-A to the B channel on an existing preset, it sounded way worse. I suspected I tweaked something. When I reset the channel the only thing that changed was the Speaker Compression. It was 3.0 on my existing preset. Resetting the channel with the "Class-A 30W Hot" changed it to 1.0. That brought the level up a bit.

I don't recall changing Speaker Compression. I may have started with a copy of a factory preset that had it set.

I'm currently in an apartment waiting for our home remodel to finish (just weeks away!). I monitor on Adam A7 or Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro Headphones. In a few weeks, it will be ATC SCM 100s :)

EDIT: I consider this case-closed at this point. Thanks to all that looked into it. Now, off to antique shopping... :( I'd rather be playing my guitar...

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Completely new Amp block cathode follower algorithm yielding more accurate results. The “Ideal” cathode follower type is no longer supported as it is incompatible and has been removed from the GUI. The Cathode Follower Time and Ratio parameters have also been removed as they are no longer applicable. A “Grid Clipping” parameter has been added which allows the user to adjust the grid clipping in the cathode follower. The default value reflects the “softer” response of classic British and American tubes like Mullard, Sylvania and RCA. Higher values simulate the response of modern Chinese and Russian tubes with more abrupt clipping.

Updated various Amp block parameters related to new cathode follower algorithm. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new values.

Added AES/SPDIF Input Level control. This is located in the I/O->USB/AES menu. NOTE: this parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to adjust to the desired level if using the AES or SPDIF inputs.

Added Treble Booster and Mid Booster boost types to Amp block.

Improved Scene/Channel change logic. Only the wet data is muted when changing scenes and channels now leaving the dry data intact which results in smoother transitions.

Fixed wrong bass pot taper in Friedman Small Box model.

Fix FC per-preset corruption with some presets.

The SPDIF Input Level control is huge, thank you!!!!

That Tone of Kings. Man, so good.

First half is without, second half is with. There's cascading drive blocks. The preset is normally: Micro Boost > '65 Bassguy Bass, so when the ToK is kicked on it's ToK > Micro Boost > '65 Bassguy Bass.

The preset is built around an @austinbuddy preset pack setting. Sounds so good with Strats.

Screen_Shot_2019-03-23_at_9_43_26_AM.png

I'm still hearing artifacts when using the presence control - once you cross 2 or so.

For example, in USA Clean (see patch) - it's just amp straight to an output block.

These are the artifacts I'm hearing as I turn presence from 2 -> 0 -> 2

Attachments

• presence_test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1

First half is without, second half is with. There's cascading drive blocks. The preset is normally: Micro Boost > '65 Bassguy Bass, so when the ToK is kicked on it's ToK > Micro Boost > '65 Bassguy Bass.

The preset is built around an @austinbuddy preset pack setting. Sounds so good with Strats.

View attachment 53523

Love that this preset is only at 80% CPU :)

I've been using my AX8 for rehearsals and am looking forward to getting my power amps / cabs out of storage so I can use the III and get some more elbow room!

View attachment 53523

I’m a les Paul player 90% of the time , but I HAVE to pull out my strat now. NICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom