Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just about ready for a release version but waiting for feedback on the improved scene switching.
Seems rather fabulous to me. Changing scenes where multiple drive blocks change state and channels is super fast. The change doesn't cause any pops, just an ultra quick fade. No pops on AMP block changes from scene to scene either for the handful of AMP block changes I tried.

Thanks Cliff...!!! Sounds great, Scene Changes on my RJM MMGT22 sound great no pops or drop outs...

I don’t face this issue since effects are just seasoning for me. I rely on basic amp tone more than anything. But I wonder if, rather than clever coding, the answer lies in dual AxeFx III’s used in tandem or an AxeFxe IV that effectively encapsulates two AxeFx III’s in one unit in a symbiotic relationship. I’ve seen this approach before with DigiTech’s optional dual chip 2101.

The AxeFx III Pro... could be a thing maybe.

WTF?...LOL, I love the idea of duel Axe-FX III's in tandem, or the IV, bring it on! I still have a 2101, bit long in the tooth, but I love that thing, play my 12 string Taylor through it, it still rocks.

Wasn't there a thread with buncha guys posting how many milliseconds of gap there was between switching channels/scenes? Can someone compare before and after? I'm on my phone :p

OMG!!!
Cliff I have no idea of what the hell you have done but I loaded my standard preset, which is 2 VOX TB fully panned for my Brian May setup.
Plugged my Guyton Red Special and my external treble booster and boss ce1 for the wet amp (so the axe just behaves as 2 amps) and the sound is AMAZING!!
I am tired of repeating this every time I update my firmware but honestly on this one VOX are just great.
Thanks for pushing and improving non metal amps, LOVE IT!!!!!!
I guess the 3rd amp block (ideal for a Brian May setup) is out of the equation as compromised the sound quality isn't it?

Thanks Cliff!!!

Thanks Cliff. It is definitely happening on new presets even though the factory ones sound OK.

Here is a preset that demonstrates what I'm hearing. Channel A on the amp sounds OK. Channel B sounds thin and is quieter.

How do I perform a system dump?

Nothing wrong, but the IR is indeed terrible in combination with the Solo amp model.

What are you using to monitor the III with?

Oh is THAT what wet vs dry meant in the release notes? Engaged vs bypassed blocks?
No, each block has wet signal and dry signal. For example in a delay the dry goes from the input to the output and gets added to the wet. Before both would mute. Now only the wet mutes. This allows the dry to continue uninterrupted while the wet gets muted, the various parameters get updated and then the wet unmuted.

Scene switching is noticeably better here. Other than the obvious difference among scenes with differing amounts of gain - I only really notice it on an 80%+ CPU preset going from a scene with delay to another scene with a different drive channel and no delay.

No, each block has wet signal and dry signal. For example in a delay the dry goes from the input to the output and gets added to the wet. Before both would mute. Now only the wet mutes. This allows the dry to continue uninterrupted while the wet gets muted, the various parameters get updated and then the wet unmuted.

Smart approach! Very clever this Cliff guy...

I know this off topic and sorry:

@Manny Fufish - :microphone:BIG TROUBLE:guitar:........:microphone:in little chiiiina!

Just noticed your avatar and thats the song that started playing in my head. Haha, classic!!
You know what ol’ Jack Burton says about that...

WOOT! It’s about goddanged time someone notices that! You should get a free shirt. Maybe the white muscle shirt with Fu Manchu on the front... thank you for noticing!

Best. Movie. Ever.

yes. you need to do that every time you update firmware, forward or backwards.

with the official releases, it should automatically do that. with Beta - which means not final versions - you need to do it manually.

I did not know this about beta versions, I don’t recall seeing anything about beta firmware update procedures being different in the manual.

However, I’m pretty sure Axe Edit read through block definitions on every beta that I’ve loaded. Does the “setting refresh” do more than just block reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom